[SOLVED] Need Help with a new build.

Aug 23, 2019
Hi, I will be building a PC here soon for the first time by myself without help. I currently have a 1 TB M.2 as a hard drive that has windows 10 from my old motherboard that failed on me. My question is when I go to reinstall a new windows, ( assuming I'm going to have to buy another copy for a new motherboard), Will it give me an option to reformat it? Or how does that work? Also, I would like to buy another hard drive to put the OS on, and keep the M.2 for all my games. Is it recommended to get another hard drive with the same speed as my current? And, how exactly does this work? I'm kinda lost.

Solution
Hey mr white,

you need a working pc , and hook up the m.2 to the motherboard in order to reformat/whipe it.

you are free to choose another ssd next to your old one. the only compability issue is if it fits inside the case, and if the motherboard has got enough ports.

Let me know if you need any more help.
Hey mr white,

you need a working pc , and hook up the m.2 to the motherboard in order to reformat/whipe it.

you are free to choose another ssd next to your old one. the only compability issue is if it fits inside the case, and if the motherboard has got enough ports.

Solution
Aug 23, 2019
Hey mr white,

Do i need to reformat it for a new MOBO though? Or can I use the existing copy of windows that is on the hard drive. Also, what is the optimal set up here, is it worth getting a different hard drive to put the OS on or can I just add another hard drive later if I need more space?

Aug 23, 2019
You most likely dont need to reformat your current hard drive.

It has no effect what what kind of next hard drive you are getting.
Alright. last question. If I hold off on a new hard drive and use my old one for now. I upgraded to an I9 from an I7-8700k and a 2070 super from a 980ti. My current hard drive is going to have the wrong drivers/chipset on it correct? If I load it into the new MOBO, do I need to do a clean windows install to reformat it?