Question Need help with a new PC build.

Sep 17, 2022
Hello everyone,

Need help with a new PC build.
After very long research, I build my own PC with the below configuration.

Processor: Ryzen 5 5600G
Motherboard: Asus Tuf gaming B550m- plus (Wifi)
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR4 3600 (2)
SSD: Samsung M.2 SSD

The only problem I am facing with the PC is, it shows black screen during the start-up sometimes. After the Windows 10 logo loading... it goes black. Then I have to press the reset button to reboot it and it will work normally.

It is not very often, but I would say it happens once in a 25-30 start ups.

I am sure It's not an issue with the monitor cable, and the display driver is the latest one I installed from the AMD website.

I am worried if it would be some other hardware issue. I searched in google, couldn't find any solution.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Apologies for my bad English.

Thanks

Hi @Brindhavan,

First of all, your English is totally fine! I'm not a native English speaker either but I had no problems understanding you at all.

This doesn't feel like a hardware problem but more like a Windows issue. You could try resetting and/or updating your BIOS, but I don't think that will make a difference. What power supply do you have exactly? And do you have a graphics card or are you using the intergrated chip inside your 5600G?

You said the screen goes black. Does it go into power saving mode and go to sleep because it doesn't receive a signal, or does it stay on? It may be hard to tell, but if you turn off all lights in the room, you should be able to tell if the monitor is still on and simply displaying a black color. Of course the power LED should tell you whether it's still on of it it's gone into sleep mode.

Reactions: Why_Me
Sep 17, 2022
Hi taeioum,

Thanks for your reply.

The power supply I am using is " Cooler Master MWE 550 Bronze V2 230v, Non-Modular Power Supply"

I don't have graphics card installed. I am using the integrated chip inside the 5600G.

The monitor does not turn off or go into power saving mode, it stays on with black screen...