need help with a new system

progrock

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2007
hello everyone,
i have purchased a new system barebones. comes with an asus m2v mother board. i purchased a SATA segate hard drive for it.
now my first issue happened when i installed windows xp on it. after a defrag suddendly my system wouldn't recongnize the disk.
kept giving me a blue screen.

so next i give vista a shot.
It installed fine but it seems my DVD and CD rom activity is very slow and abnormal acting.

well i tried reinstalling some Via Drivers and part of the driver package i installed the Sata/IDE. after the reboot it said Operating system not found.
tried to fix it with my vista CD with repair features. it won't see the hard drive now.

decided to try and reinstall vista.
and my system wont' see my hard drive anymore all together. like i unplugged it.
can anyone tell me what could cause this, or anyone had this similar experience?

progrock

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2007
Asus M2V with via chipset K8T890, VT8237A

this system just seems to hang. i manged to repartition and format with a win xp disk. but when i try and boot off xp pr, i get a 0x23 blue screen. basically it can't communicate the serial ATA hard drive to the mother board.
so i installed vista on it. everything is just slow. mainly the DVD and CD drives. they hang for several seconds before they will read CDs and sometimes won't read media at all.