Question need help with a second gpu

AcyanidePancake

Reputable
May 19, 2019
alright so i want to get another graphics card (i already have a rog strix geforce 2080ti oc edition) and im just looking for another since i do heavy graphic design. however i have a few things i was told that i need clarified.

1. i was told by a friend who built his computer a few years ago that i would need to get a bigger cpu fan and more case fans. I am currently employing the use of a Corsair H100i platinum rgb 240mm aio liquid cooler and the case fans are thermaltakes riing 3 set that come with the case i bought, the thermaltake view 71.

2. i was told by someone at the microcenter when i went for information. that you dont need more than half an inch of room between your graphics cards, i have a z390 aorus pro wifi gaming motherboard. and if i do actually need a lot of room between them then thats going to be an issue ill need help with

here are some images to help

the whole build View: https://imgur.com/hKNu1aJ

the only other place i could put a graphics card View: https://imgur.com/ueipQSZ
there is one space under it but it might hit the power supply.

You only need enough space for the fans to clear the second GPU; however, with less space means the top GPU will run hotter. I don't think graphic design will make it run terribly hot, but gaming sure would. How much of the GPU does graphic design use? I run Adobe Premiere Pro and have only seen around 20% GPU utilization with my 1080 Ti.

*Oh, and I think you CPU cooler would be fine. Not sure what he's talking about there. You would want to probably max out your number of fans, just make sure you have fans in all the slots of your case.

AcyanidePancake

Reputable
May 19, 2019
well running things like cinema 4d, blender, and a lot of stuff that takes a lot of power + the fact that i do play plenty of video games such as skyrim, shadow of the tomb, raider, ark, etc (basicly open world titles and shooters) i definitly need the extra horsepower.

i generally like to have my animation software open (cinema 4D) along with modeling software(blender) and whatever im trying to make an animation of open as well (since its normally game stuff i like to make animations of i need the game open as well to get on idea of what im working with i.e character movement, environment, textures etc,) and i cant do that unless its on low graph but then it looks like a 480p youtube video vs the 4k my monitor and card are capable of. witch makes it pretty hard to understand the quality of what im looking at + i dabble in game design and unreal engine is a beast to use when you have to load a lot of assets

TLDR: my one card isnt strong enough to run the things i use to model animate and my high quality video games.