Need help with achi on BIOS to recognize SSD

missyM1

Prominent
Jul 16, 2017
Hello

I have an old laptop: Packard Bell Easynote BU45, which came with windows Vista to begin with. I upgraded to win 7 and have been using it since. I recently bought a SSD (Intenso SSD 2.5" High Performance 120gb), since I have heard and read that the laptob will basically boot up and work faster.
The problem is that I can't for the life of me find the SSD on the list of disks when I try to install a brand new fresh win 7 on it. After installing the SSD to the SATA port,I boot up from the DVD or USB and when the installation process reaches the part where it chooses where to install win 7, the SSD just won't show up (actually nothing will, the list is completely blank).

In the BIOS, I can see the it has been detected, but my BIOS doesn't have an option to choose ACHI. The only other option I have is ARMD.

I have a Packard Bell BV T13FC motherboard (CPU: Intel pentium dual core T2080. Chipset: Intel 945GM (Calista-GM) + ICH7-M/U), and American Megatrends Inc BIOS ver 206. I have basically seached every hole/link to try to update my BIOS (hoping that this might solve the recognition problem of the SSD), but to no avail. The Intenso SSD webpages don't contain any drivers for the SSD either.

I'm running out of ideas. Is this a lost cause? Will I ever be able to get my SSD up and running? Appreciate any help I can get guys :)

Solution
Do you try that intel SSD in other computer yet? Then you will know the SSD works or not, if it does show up in other computer, you can format it first, sometime that will help.