Build Advice Need help with aio fan connector / slots

Fornwith

Reputable
Feb 14, 2015
Aloha everyone. I'm finally buildling my first PC and I'm nearly done. My MOBO only has two 2.0 USB slots, I need three I think, but I cant remember why. I have the B450 MSI gaming pro carbon. Im running my kraken x62 on one slot, the NZXT control hub on another. I don't know what this is or where its plugged into the MOBO. Im guessing its for all the fans? In that case do I need 7 total for each one? Also if you see anything out of the ordinary let me know. Thank you.

https://ibb.co/3WkK7Nj

Fornwith

Reputable
Feb 14, 2015
Okay so part of the reason I thought something was wrong was because I thought that the stock fans that came with the h500i were rgb, but it was just two rgb strips.

Fornwith

Reputable
Feb 14, 2015
When I went to check for post my heart was pounding. I used an old benq monitor and it wouldnt bring up the splash screen on hdmi. I read online that it needed to be in the GPU not CPU which I had it but still no luck. Not until I switched different monitors that it posted and I felt a huge "oh thank god" moment as this is my first build. Not sure why it didn't work on my first monitor because it isn't broken. I guess theres a sleep mode it goes into if it doesn't detect anything, but idk. I'm just happy everything is fine in the end.

Fornwith

Reputable
Feb 14, 2015
So for the kraken x62 aio. The main fan connector which is on the cpu I connected it to the cpu fan and the two fans on the radiator on sys3fan and sys4fan. Is this correct? Theres also one on the mobo called sys pump fan? The building part was easy for me. Just plugging in all these wires is making me confused.