[SOLVED] Need help with AIO

May 13, 2020
Hi!
I am planning on buying a Corsair iCUE 465X and a Corsair H100i RGB Platinum AIO cooler.
When I first picked out these parts, I initially wanted to mount the AIO at the top. After some research and watching YouTube videos on the case, I found out that the AIO (or any AIO for that matter) would not fit at the top of the chassis as the RAM sticks obstruct space not leaving enough room for both the radiator and the fans (only one or the other). This was an annoying inconvenience that I actually have seen in other Corsair cases I’ve considered buying. Why is Corsair restricting the space at the top so much? It’s a mid-tower case...

Anyways, a solution I’ve thought of was to unscrew the fans on the AIO, mount those fans at the top (where I originally intended to mount the whole AIO) and then mount the radiator itself in the front of the case behind the 3 pre-installed rgb fans that come with the case.
Would this solution work? This might be a dumb question because I’ve seen many people use radiators on the front, I am aware it’s very common, but this is my first build and I don’t want to mess anything up, so I’m going to be super cautious, especially with stuff that isn’t even mentioned on the manufacturer’s website. Corsair’s website says you can fit a 240mm AIO, which you can, but it doesn’t specify that you will only be able to at the side...
Anyways, if anyone could help me, that would be really great.
Thanks!

Solution
Hello. I see on the on the case's page on the Corsair website that the front panel supports either 360mm or 280mm radiator. It sounds like you'd be perfectly fine installing the radiator at the front of the case, on two of the front fans. However, if you're more interested in performance than aesthetic, you could replace two of the included 240mm fans on the front of the case with the fans included with the radiator, and place those front fans in the top of the case. They're different fan models, but are both RGB, 120mm, and Corsair, so I assume you'd be able to sync the RGB, and wouldn't be able to tell the difference when the PC is running.

The main reason for this is that the fans included on the front of the case are airflow fans...

jesse13williamson

Honorable
May 20, 2018
Hello. I see on the on the case's page on the Corsair website that the front panel supports either 360mm or 280mm radiator. It sounds like you'd be perfectly fine installing the radiator at the front of the case, on two of the front fans. However, if you're more interested in performance than aesthetic, you could replace two of the included 240mm fans on the front of the case with the fans included with the radiator, and place those front fans in the top of the case. They're different fan models, but are both RGB, 120mm, and Corsair, so I assume you'd be able to sync the RGB, and wouldn't be able to tell the difference when the PC is running.

The main reason for this is that the fans included on the front of the case are airflow fans, designed to move as much air as possible. However, those included with the H500i are static pressure fans, designed to maintain consistent air pressure and flow when mounted on radiators and the like, where the performance of air flow fans would begin to suffer.

All in all, you'd be fine to mount the radiator in the front. Hope this helps! :)

Solution