Leonniar

Reputable
Jan 31, 2016
Hello guys , I had an idea of making something like a box (as a gift) with a screen inside that plays a video on loop

Details of the project:

I want to make something that looks like a gift box and when you remove the top there is a screen inside . The screen can be turned on and of via an on/off switch or button that will be located on the side of the box or right next to the screen (Doesn't really matter where will it be located as long as the user can turn the screen on and off ) . The screen will work as a media player . What I mean is that it's going to be playing videos (with audio preferably) , I want the user to be able to choose what video do they want to see and only that . I want the user to only be able to select which video is being played and nothing else . The videos that the user can choose from are going to be "pre-installed" and the user won't be able to add or remove any videos , just watch them . All in all, I just want something that has some videos ,the user can pick the one they want to watch and that's it .

My idea:

I was thinking that the only way to make this is using and arduino board or a raspberry pi maybe ? Not 100% sure and here i need your help . First of all , is the project doable ? (If there is anything about the project that you do not understand and you want to help please feel free to ask whatever you need !) If it is doable , i am a complete beginner at both arduino and raspberry pi so how do I do that or where can I learn how to do that ? I've looked a fair bit online but didn't find what i was looking for . The only things i found tho were some LCD Screens that connect to Raspberry pi or Arduino modules and i guess that's what i will need . Considering the prices of them on the other hand , just buying a tablet seems cheaper and easier to do , maybe that is an option as well ?

I don't know a lot about this stuff and I need your help , if there is anyone that knows how to do this and can tell me how to do it will be phenomenal , but even if you can link me a tutorial or a guide/book/site that can show me how to do or even some tips and tricks , it will be very much appreciated . Thank you for your time and thanks to anyone that may show interest and is willing to help !

P.S

I have a deadline up until 06/05/2020 (6th of May 2020 ) . I need the project finished by then or 1-2 extra days at the very MAX . So yeah i have about half a month to finish this so any ideas that can help me reach my deadline will be needed !

Ralston18

Titan
Why the May 6th deadline? Is your idea a school project?

Suggestion: Google "raspberry pi kiosk"

Kiosks are normally static,

However, there is nothing that says that the kiosk cannot be in box beyond needing to be put together well enough to not fall apart when moved.

Vary the search criteria as necessary to match your situation, knowledge, and any additional specific requirements.

Ralston18

Titan
Why the May 6th deadline? Is your idea a school project?

Suggestion: Google "raspberry pi kiosk"

Kiosks are normally static,

However, there is nothing that says that the kiosk cannot be in box beyond needing to be put together well enough to not fall apart when moved.

Vary the search criteria as necessary to match your situation, knowledge, and any additional specific requirements.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Components 5

ASK THE COMMUNITY