[SOLVED] Need help with better graphics card

May 10, 2020
Im new to the Gaming pc world and need some help. I bought a pc from a friend and installed modern warfare on it. The amount of vram is too much for it to play properly. Currently i have a gigabyte motherboard ddr3, Amd 6300 6 core processor and a nvidia geforce gtx750, 20gb of ram. Is there a better ddr3 graphics card i can get or do i need to upgrade to better componets all around? Thank you in advance

Solution
And i have 3 sticks of ram
You want dual channel (2 sticks slotted in 1&3 or 2&4) or quad channel (1 stick in every slot).

Mixing ram speeds and different models are not good. You want to have the EXACT SAME memory, all that is supported by your MB of course. Not being in dual channel or quad is affecting your FPS regardless.
Is there a better ddr3 graphics card
GPU's use whats called GDDR memory also known as VRAM. In this case you have GDDR5 with the GTX 750. The newer series cards use GDDR6.

RAM uses DDR. Newer RAM uses DDR4.

Here are the recommended specs for Modern Warfare:
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-2019-system-requirements/

You are running some old hardware to be playing AAA games. I imagine you are not getting the best FPS or experience.

View the forum below to get a better understanding If you want to upgrade your system:
https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq...ur-computer-under-construction-still.1517649/

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Your motherboard needs DDR3 RAM, it doesn't matter what generation RAM the GPU uses as the motherboard interacts with the GPU through the PCIE slot.

That being said, there aren't many sensible upgrades for this platform. It's a 2012 platform that was never all that great for gaming, this is essentially a 2013 budget build. Hopefully you didn't pay much over $100 or so for this.

We're talking the new Modern Warfare, not the original 2007 one, correct? Assuming so, you're just at the minimum requirement for CPU but you're way under it for the GPU. The RAM is probably fine, though you do have a FrankenRAM situation in there since there's no possible matched-stick situation that would give you 20 GB of RAM. Since it sounds like there's likely a 2x8 kit and a 2x2 kit in there, I'd remove the extra four RAM and see if it has any positive impact on your situation overall.

You might get this running at 720p, but I can't imagine it would be a great experience.

May 10, 2020
Your motherboard needs DDR3 RAM, it doesn't matter what generation RAM the GPU uses as the motherboard interacts with the GPU through the PCIE slot.

That being said, there aren't many sensible upgrades for this platform. It's a 2012 platform that was never all that great for gaming, this is essentially a 2013 budget build. Hopefully you didn't pay much over $100 or so for this.

We're talking the new Modern Warfare, not the original 2007 one, correct? Assuming so, you're just at the minimum requirement for CPU but you're way under it for the GPU. The RAM is probably fine, though you do have a FrankenRAM situation in there since there's no possible matched-stick situation that would give you 20 GB of RAM. Since it sounds like there's likely a 2x8 kit and a 2x2 kit in there, I'd remove the extra four RAM and see if it has any positive impact on your situation overall.

You might get this running at 720p, but I can't imagine it would be a great experience.
New modern warfare

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
And i only had 12gb of ram then bought a 8gb stick to get above 16

So a definite FrankenRAM situation, though worse than I expected since you likely now have four sticks of which three were sold separately rather than two.

That being said, your GPU is too slow, regardless of your memory situation. You can get a better GPU, but your experience with the game won't be great. But for any recommendation on that end, we'd need your budget for a new GPU and exact power supply.

May 10, 2020
So a definite FrankenRAM situation, though worse than I expected since you likely now have four sticks of which three were sold separately rather than two.

That being said, your GPU is too slow, regardless of your memory situation. You can get a better GPU, but your experience with the game won't be great. But for any recommendation on that end, we'd need your budget for a new GPU and exact power supply.
Ive got a 660w power supply and my budget would be around 200 bucks