[SOLVED] Need help with BIOS update (selecting right version)

ImJenkins

Distinguished
May 18, 2014
So I have a bit of a dilemma. I have a friend that I'm trying to help fix her computer, because she accidentally shut it off while it is updating. We've tried everything, the only thing that works is reinstalling Windows, but once the PC is shutdown, the PC gets stuck loading the OS.

I've tried everything and done everything that I can find, so I'm resorting to updating the BIOS. The problem is, it's a secondhand computer, and the manufacturer website is not clear on what is the right BIOS version. There are two versions of the same motherboard:
https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/GA-970A-DS3P-rev-2x#ov

The two motherboards are practically identical. The BIOS version is listed as FD in the BIOS, so I was thinking that would be the right version, but that BIOS version is in the first link. The motherboard has 2.1 in the corner of it, which means it would be the model from the second link? But the BIOS version is listed as F1 in that link. Sorry if I'm making no sense, but I want to make sure I'm getting the right BIOS version and not bricking her motherboard.

Just to reiterate, motherboard BIOS version is FD, same as in first link, but the motherboard model looks to be the one in the second link. Should I follow the BIOS version, or the model number?

Solution
So I have a bit of a dilemma. I have a friend that I'm trying to help fix her computer, because she accidentally shut it off while it is updating. We've tried everything, the only thing that works is reinstalling Windows, but once the PC is shutdown, the PC gets stuck loading the OS.

I've tried everything and done everything that I can find, so I'm resorting to updating the BIOS. The problem is, it's a secondhand computer, and the manufacturer website is not clear on what is the right BIOS version. There are two versions of the same motherboard:

The two motherboards are practically identical...

The two motherboards are practically identical. The BIOS version is listed as FD in the BIOS, so I was thinking that would be the right version, but that BIOS version is in the first link. The motherboard has 2.1 in the corner of it, which means it would be the model from the second link? But the BIOS version is listed as F1 in that link. Sorry if I'm making no sense, but I want to make sure I'm getting the right BIOS version and not bricking her motherboard.

Just to reiterate, motherboard BIOS version is FD, same as in first link, but the motherboard model looks to be the one in the second link. Should I follow the BIOS version, or the model number?
Use only BIOS that's for exact MB version. as indicated in the corner. MB has dual bios so you should be able to boot from other one.

Solution