Need help with booting windows 7 from external hdd

denrusakov40

Prominent
Jan 1, 2018
My gpu on a pc broke and i have been unable to run windows 7 even in a safe mode. So i decided to boot windows 7 on a laptop under windows 10 but so far i haven't got past the welcome windows 7 screen. It always gives me message "Windows was unable to start" with 2 options: repair - which doesn't work since windows 10 and windows 7 bios are incompatible (always gives me blue screen) and normal boot which doesn't work either. So is there any way i can recover windows 7 copy from external hdd?

Solution

Because Windows is not built like that.

Why do you need to recover the Win 7 license key from that?
If it was a preinstalled OS, that license key is valid for only that original hardware.
If it is something YOU purchased and installed, you should have the license key written down, or at least in an email they sent you.
But if it was an OEM Win 7 you bought, that is still tied to that original hardware (the motherboard).

USAFRet

Titan

Because Windows is not built like that.

Why do you need to recover the Win 7 license key from that?
If it was a preinstalled OS, that license key is valid for only that original hardware.
If it is something YOU purchased and installed, you should have the license key written down, or at least in an email they sent you.
But if it was an OEM Win 7 you bought, that is still tied to that original hardware (the motherboard).

Solution