Need help with build for tomorrow

sYankOv

Reputable
Sep 22, 2015
I'm getting i5 4460 tomorrow but I need some help for the parts. Im on budget of course...I still can't decide wheter a mobo h81 socket with 2 dimm slots or b85 with 4 slots. I will equip it with 2x4 GB now but if i go with 2 slots this I will not be able to put more ram in the future if needed. I don't want to put 1 stick x8Gb because I will use the iGPU for quite a lot of time and I will need the benefits of dual channel. Also I want to know if I can reuse my psu because I can't buy one right now... It's 450W Delux (not really quality) and it is 8 years old but still rock solid. Will it be enough to handle just a i5 4460? I need to decide until early tomorrow so i can order the parts before they go out of stock (which can possibly happen considering black friday)

Eliasand

Honorable
You might want to consider buying a new PSU. although it may work fine at the moment it's definetly worth investing in a good 80+ bronze psu, like a Seasonic 500w.
as im no expert in Intel hardware, i cannot really tell which mobo to choose. all i know is about any lga1150 mobo will work perfect with that cpu. it's just your own choise, if you want to upgrade in the future, go for a bit more expensive ATX 4-channel mobo.