[SOLVED] Need help with building a PC

Dec 25, 2019
This is my first time building a PC and I would like to get your feedback on whether this is a good configuration or whether I should replace anything with something better.

So far these are the parts i have.

Graphics card-Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1660 $229.99

SSD- 1TB Samsung 860 EVO $109.99

motherboard- Gigabyte Z390 AORUS Master $259.99

CPU-Intel Core i9-9900K 8core $489.99

CPU cooler-Cooler Master MasterAir MA620P $39.99

Memory card- Corsair LPX 32GB DRAM $119.99

case- Thermaltake V200 Tempered Glass RGB Edition 3 120mm RGB fans and 1 120mm rear fan $71.00

software- Windows 10 Home $139

Total so far- about $1450

budget- $1500

Solution
There's nothing bad about this build, but it's a bit unbalanced. What is the use of this PC? If it's most grueling usage will be gaming, the general rule of thumb is that you're probably on the right track if the GPU costs twice what the CPU does.

And if you're at 1080p/60, you're probably spending a lot on performance you're never actually going to see and can come down in price.
Dec 25, 2019
Nothing bad about your choices at all. I tend to lean toward AMD but Intel has great components as well. I choose AMD due to price; I've found my build with AMD is pretty competitive and stress free.

It all depends on what you're using it for. The GPU you chose is similar to mine (msi GeoFroce RTX 2060). Your processor is solid at 3.6 GHz and only 95 W (same as my AMD Ryzen). Other than peripherals (mouse/keyboard/speakers that you didn't post), you have everything you'd need to go forward. Overall, I think you made some good choices.

Before you buy - and maybe you already researched AMD vs. Intel - but I would recommend looking at AMD financially. Here is my build; I came in at $1,420:

1. CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700
  2. GPU: msi Geoforce RTX 2060
  3. Case: Corsair Crystal 570X RGB Mid-Tower Case
  4. SSD: Same as yours, Samsung 1TB
  5. M.2: Installed a 500 GB M.2 for extra backup
  6. MB: Asus Tuf Gaming x570 WiFi
  7. PSU: I noticed you didn't mention this in your post; but PSU is critical. I went with a fully modular EVGA @ 750W, Gold
  8. Software: Windows 10; I got a deal through Windows itself @ $45
  9. RAM: Corsair 16x2 (32 GB total)
Good luck, and have fun with your build.

DSzymborski

Titan
There's nothing bad about this build, but it's a bit unbalanced. What is the use of this PC? If it's most grueling usage will be gaming, the general rule of thumb is that you're probably on the right track if the GPU costs twice what the CPU does.

And if you're at 1080p/60, you're probably spending a lot on performance you're never actually going to see and can come down in price.

Solution