Need Help With Building Or Upgrading A New Computer

jinkazuya

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2010
Well...I would like to go for Threadripper 1950x and my budget will be $3000 or $3500 Max. I would like somebody to help me with it and what are the best components that could go with this will-be released CPU. Greatly appreciate it.

Are you sure your usage scenarios (hoping a heavy rendering/encoding/decoding user) are so time sensitive that the $1500 less Ryzen 1700-based build would not suffice?

If gaming/streaming, you are likely wasting approximately $1000, minimum...

If you *do*want to game, but also sound impressive with 16 cores and 32 threads, but still don't mind being outperformed at least slightly by those on 7700K, but still want good framerates, and, are determined to spend all $3000, you are on the right track! :) (My opinion only, no offense intended, Sir!)

As no TR4 processors/mainboards, etc, are out yet, it would be hard for anyone to give truly good advice, if you choose to go that path....

Persoanlly, i'd wait for the reviews that at least cover your planned usage scenario...which you never mentioned...

I'd expect any of the major manufacturer's TR4/X399 chipsets to perform roughly equally; we will know more when they deliver.

Go large on cooling; Linus of LinusTechTips reported ALienware's sample was idling at 60C, but, they were using a pathetically small watercooler with a smallish radiator...

jinkazuya

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2010
I don't play games that much on my computer or not at all. But I do quite a bit of encoding and rendering so I need something that could help to save the time for those tasks. Besides, I would like my PC could last a bit longer. It has been almost 7 years since I built my computer. On top of that, I want my computer to be versatile.

As for water cooling, I do not know anything about it. Hope somebody could help.