Need help with buying a new gaming mouse!

scrancher

Prominent
Jan 3, 2018
Hi everyone!

I am in the process of wanting to buy a new mouse, primarily for pc gaming purposes.
The one I currently have (Razer Deathadder Elite) just isn't working out for me for various reasons. The primary reason is, that my mouse-hand (the right-side hand) is aching a lot when I am playing games like World of warcraft for extended periods of time. I guess it's what is called Gamer Hand symptoms I have, and it extends primarily from the pinky finger and down along my forearm.

Anyhow, before you all start commenting with suggestions like ''Then stop playing video games'' etc., I also do all my work and study from my PC, so I do not have a choice in using my right-hand for stuff like that, if I want to be able to live, which we all do, so.

Another thing that is wrong with the above-mentioned mouse is, that it tends to randomly move the mouse cursor all across the screen by itself, and also isn't responsive and stuff. And yes, I have tried all the various suggestions, settings and tweaks that I could find. The Razer mouse just isn't for me, and not working properly either, so I am in need of a new and good gaming mouse with the below criteria:

1. Cabled (and preferably braided cable).
2. Optic or laser or whatever is the best combination with a cabled mouse.
3. Made primarily for gaming, and preferably with mechanical right-n-left-click buttons.
4. Needs to work great on a Razer Goliathus mousepad.
5. Needs to have 5 buttons (right & left-click, 2 x thumb buttons and the scroller button too).
6. It needs to work great in tandem with my tending to twist or bend my mouse-hand leftwards, so the whole mouse is diagonally placed and moved on my mousepad, like a reversed /

Thanks in advance!

For your hand aching you should check your posture and desk setup. A colleague of mine had similar at work and after a full assessment of her posture & setup was given a new chair and vertical mouse which solved her issue. I have to say I tried the mouse and found it very odd to use, however now she is used to it she finds a normal mouse weird.

scrancher

Prominent
Jan 3, 2018
Hi Sizzling.

Thank you very much for your reply as well as helpful comments!
I do actually have a healthy chair and desk setup, as well as a good posture, so it is solely the mouse that is to blame in terms of hardware / physical things :)

Do you by chance know of any good ergonomic gaming mice?

scrancher

Prominent
Jan 3, 2018
Hi J_E_D_70, and thanks for your reply.

I actually never heard about that before, but as I understand it, it is made as a universally one-fit-for-all type, and can be used with both right and left hands, yes?

By any rate, I do believe I would be best off with a right-hand only ergonomic mouse. I researched the aching / sore yesterday, and it seems like I have some signs of what is called Ulnar Nerve [something]. Basically, my littlefinger's nerve running down along that side of my forearm. I am absolutely certain it is caused by the design of the Razer Deathadder Elite mouse, as I can't steer the mouse using my ring finger and thumb, but rather need to use my pinky which made me show these symptoms.

Any recommendations?

scrancher

Prominent
Jan 3, 2018
How about the Razer Naga Trinity? Would you guys think that could be a good mouse for me? I see it has a sort of little finger rest, which I would think could help me out.
As always, any suggestions are welcome, thanks!

scrancher

Prominent
Jan 3, 2018
Is the Razer Naga Trinity a good mouse overall, with smooth handling, cursor movement, and without sort of ''jumping'' the cursor around when gaming?
Also, is it a good ergonomic grip for people like me, who tend to get sore wrists, and have had some problems with the ulnaris nerve?