[SOLVED] Need help with case fan placements

Redthirst

Honorable
Jul 16, 2016
My case is Deepcool Tesseract BF, and I'm considering adding extra fans to it. Right now, it just has the pre-installed back exhaust.

So the possible slots for fans are: two at the top panel, two at the side panel, one at the front panel.

I'm ruling out front fan because it has drive bays in the way which would basically make it pointless.

So what would be the best way to stick two extra fans to?

Right now, I'm considering two intakes on the side, with exhaust fan either staying at the back, or at the back-top. Another possibility is one side intake and both back and back-top exhausts. However, apparently, negative air pressure isn't that great.

Any ideas? It's pretty hard to find info about side panel fans, because most higher-end cases don't have them.

Solution
CPU cooler is tricky - I currently have Deepcool Gammax 300, but when I order my case fans I plan to replace it for the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition
Doesn't really matter, since they're both tower air coolers.

Anyways, I propose the following:
Front and side(the bottom one)
The drive cages won't be a problem as long as the fan placed there specializes in high static pressure. EX: Noctua NF-P12 Redux(1700)

ZeroDollarBudget

Commendable
Sep 5, 2019
I got roasted for this a little while ago lol because I put my fans weird... Honestly keep it simple! In the front, out the back and top. I wouldn't really worry about the side fans. Ideally, line the front fans up with the cpu cooler for fresh cool air but whatever you can make work, don't worry about cramming every possible place with a fan, more so making sure the fan you put there is going to provide ample airflow.

Redthirst

Honorable
Jul 16, 2016
Cpu?
Cpu cooler?
Gpu?

CPU is Ryzen 5 2600x
CPU cooler is tricky - I currently have Deepcool Gammax 300, but when I order my case fans I plan to replace it for the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition
GPU is also tricky - it's 1050 now, but I plan to upgrade it to something like a 3060 when GPU market starts making sense again.
I got roasted for this a little while ago lol because I put my fans weird... Honestly keep it simple! In the front, out the back and top. I wouldn't really worry about the side fans. Ideally, line the front fans up with the cpu cooler for fresh cool air but whatever you can make work, don't worry about cramming every possible place with a fan, more so making sure the fan you put there is going to provide ample airflow.
The issue is that the only front fan mount is at the back, and it's blocked by drive bays(two of which have HDDs in them), so I really don't expect much air to come from that one front fan.

I was considering adding an intake on top-front slot(so it would blow the air directly into the path of CPU cooler), but I've read that it's actually a really bad idea and is going to do more harm than good.

I don't actually mind side fans from either the aesthetic or practical perspective, I'm just afraid that a side fan blowing air directly onto CPU is going to mess up the airflow of the exhaust fan.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador

The drive cages won't be a problem as long as the fan placed there specializes in high static pressure. EX: Noctua NF-P12 Redux(1700)

Solution

Redthirst

Honorable
Jul 16, 2016

Hmmm, that does sound interesting. Alright, I'll look into that fan, thanks.