[SOLVED] Need help with changing a CPU and Motherboard

Dec 10, 2018
So I have 2 questions, I am getting a new cpu, motherboard, and ram, and I don’t know of the computer will fit the motherboard. The one I am looking st is micro atx, from what I have heard, micro atx motherboards are for smaller PC’s, I have a pre-built computer from bestbuy, I would say it is a pretty standard sized computer I believe it is called the ASUS M32BF.

My second question is since it is a pre-built computer from bestbuy, do I need to get another windows 10 operating system? I have heard that pre built computers come with an OEM version of windows 10 which is specifically for computers made by manufactures such as HP, ASUS, Acer, etc.

Thanks,

-Joel

Solution

There are a fair few Windows 10 Pro deals for a licence key like at just $12.26 at the link below and you just download the latest version of Windows 10 Pro from Microsoft onto a USB and install it that way and then enter the licence code...
Dec 10, 2018

So that means I would have to purchase another copy of windows 10? Also if this is what I would have to do, after I have everything and I have put all the parts in the computer, what would I do with the copy of windows 10? Do I have to put it on an USB or is there a disk?

There are a fair few Windows 10 Pro deals for a licence key like at just $12.26 at the link below and you just download the latest version of Windows 10 Pro from Microsoft onto a USB and install it that way and then enter the licence code.

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/64075/deals-windows-10-pro-12-26-more/index.html

Solution
Dec 10, 2018

Is that website safe? And will the code actually work, I don’t know if it has something to do with it but I am in Canada, would a code from the US or EU work in Canada?

Hmmm, that is a really good point as I only noticed it a few days ago on Tweaktown and it now actually looks like an advert...apologies but I would not take the chance as it does not look right...

Contact Microsoft, tell them your motherboard died and you're having to replace it, they will work something out for you.