[SOLVED] Need help with choosing a computer case for graphic card 3080

jinkazuya

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2010
I am looking for a case that could house at least two GPU of 3080 zotac and I am not sure which one is good fit. I kinda like Musetex cases. But I am not sure if the mid ATX would allows two 3080 GPU? Thanks in advance for your help.

Solution
unless you were planning an extra tiny mATX build you shouldn't have much issue with size.

as long as the case fits a motherboard that has two or more available PCIe slots, than the case would be fine height-wise.

length from front to back can be a factor, but your average decent case will list it's dimensions.
just compare this to the length size listed in the GPU's spec details.
also be sure the case doesn't have drive bays or other junk in the way towards the front.

for your motherboard you may need to check the slot size of the cards; 2.5 slot, 3 slot, etc.
just to be sure the motherboard you're using has enough space between it's PCIe x16 slots to fit both cards.

a shopping list of nicer mid-large ATX cases, most with better...
unless you were planning an extra tiny mATX build you shouldn't have much issue with size.

as long as the case fits a motherboard that has two or more available PCIe slots, than the case would be fine height-wise.

length from front to back can be a factor, but your average decent case will list it's dimensions.
just compare this to the length size listed in the GPU's spec details.
also be sure the case doesn't have drive bays or other junk in the way towards the front.

for your motherboard you may need to check the slot size of the cards; 2.5 slot, 3 slot, etc.
just to be sure the motherboard you're using has enough space between it's PCIe x16 slots to fit both cards.

a shopping list of nicer mid-large ATX cases, most with better cooling options and nicer looking:
NewEgg Case Wishlist.
my current two choices are the be quiet! Silent Base 802 & the Fractal Design Vector RS.

where are you planning on getting the cards?
there isn't much, if any, available stock anywhere and may not be for quite some time.

Solution

jinkazuya

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2010
Ok. Thanks for your help. The mobo has two 16 Pcie slots and it is gigabyte Z490. Not sure if that will fit within the case. As for 3080, we already have them but a single card right now costs about $1500 to $2000, quite expensive.

The mobo has two 16 Pcie slots and it is gigabyte Z490. Not sure if that will fit within the case.
motherboards have a defined size;
mATX, ATX, EATX, ITX, BTX, etc.
read the description of your motherboard and see which it is.
any case you choose will have the motherboard sizes it can accommodate listed in it's specs\description.

if you've already installed them and they have proper space between them for decent airflow than this shouldn't really be an issue here.