Question Need help with choosing an M.2 NVME adapter and which slot to use it on in a x79 motherboard

S_K_I

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2012
I'm currently rocking an ASUS Sabertooth x79 mobo and I'm sorta confused which m.2 nvme adapter will be beneficial for my setup. First question, after I install this custom made made bios to make the nvme bootable, will I notice any noticeable difference in bandwidth bottlenecking (in theory) if I use the the pci-e 3.0 x16 at x8 (slot 6)? Reason for this setup is because I'm already using a second GPU in the 4th slot for GPU rendering so slot 6 are my only options at the moment in terms of space.

Here's the DIAGRAM

And finally, what adapter would you guys recommend that's got a cooling system built into that's within $10-20, I'm on a tight budget here at the moment so trying to keep the cost down and there's so many adapters configurations that it's confusing the hell out of me.

Oh and regards to what drive i'll be using, it's a toss-up between an Inland, Sabrent, Intel, oooooooooor maybe if you guys know of something better and within the $90-115 range I'm all ears.
Anyways thanks in advance guys.