[SOLVED] Need Help with Component Reselling

chiken_VEVO

Commendable
Sep 28, 2019
Hey everyone. Since the RTX 3000 Series GPUs are officially incoming, I have been looking at the prospect of reselling either just my GPU, or my CPU and motherboard as well in order to future - proof the build even more. More importantly though, I have been considering this entire undertaking as I REALLY don't want to not do anything right now and come back after a few years when I actually need to upgrade my PC to find out that the value of my current components has naturally plummeted.

To put things into perspective, I have had this build since November - December of 2019 and the specific components I'm referring to are a Zotac RTX 2070 Super Twin Fan (the cheapest one I could find in my country, which still costed 600$) , an i7 8700K (412$ at the time of purchase) and an Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 motherboard (which I bought for about 140$). As you can clearly see, the prices here for components are exorbitant, as even a Ryzen 7 3800X that I'm aiming for when it comes to this upgrade still costs more than 350$.

It is what it is though and since I've never sold anything else in my life up until now, I would appreciate it extremely if you could all suggest the maximum/minimum price I should price the above components at in order to go on with the upgrade to RTX 3070/Ryzen/B550 or Z570 chipset (By the way, all of the above components are in great condition, along with even their boxes.)

Thank you all in advance!

Solution
Hey everyone. Since the RTX 3000 Series GPUs are officially incoming, I have been looking at the prospect of reselling either just my GPU, or my CPU and motherboard as well in order to future - proof the build even more. More importantly though, I have been considering this entire undertaking as I REALLY don't want to not do anything right now and come back after a few years when I actually need to upgrade my PC to find out that the value of my current components has naturally plummeted.

To put things into perspective, I have had this build since November - December of 2019 and the specific components I'm referring to are a Zotac RTX 2070 Super Twin Fan (the cheapest one I could find in my country, which still costed 600$) , an i7...

To put things into perspective, I have had this build since November - December of 2019 and the specific components I'm referring to are a Zotac RTX 2070 Super Twin Fan (the cheapest one I could find in my country, which still costed 600$) , an i7 8700K (412$ at the time of purchase) and an Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 motherboard (which I bought for about 140$). As you can clearly see, the prices here for components are exorbitant, as even a Ryzen 7 3800X that I'm aiming for when it comes to this upgrade still costs more than 350$.

It is what it is though and since I've never sold anything else in my life up until now, I would appreciate it extremely if you could all suggest the maximum/minimum price I should price the above components at in order to go on with the upgrade to RTX 3070/Ryzen/B550 or Z570 chipset (By the way, all of the above components are in great condition, along with even their boxes.)

Thank you all in advance!
Here's the thing with selling anything used, including computer components. It's only worth what someone is willing to pay you for it, regardless of what value you think it has. Personally, if I was buying used parts, I would never pay more than 50% of the cost when the part was new and that's if the part is in exceptional condition, but that's just me. I'm in the US and have access to just about everything computer related for pretty good prices, comparatively speaking, so it definitely affects what I'm willing to pay for something.

You also have to take location into consideration. Parts sold in various locations with differing economies and going to range from ridiculous to excellent prices. This is one reason you can see such a disparity between prices for the same item on fleabay. Obviously there's more to it than that but I think the point is valid, at least to some degree.

Selling locally can help you get proper value for an item. Conversely, someone from another part of the world stuck paying prices much higher than you did could see your price offering as a great value and buy it right away. You're likely to get the most for your parts selling them individually versus a package deal for all of it. Opinions on this subject are going to vary. This is just what I think about it.

Last edited:
Reactions: chiken_VEVO
Solution