Need help with components for a PC build!

datgman7

Prominent
May 10, 2018
So, I want to build a new PC and I need a bit of help. First of all I have a budget of exactly 800 Euros. Now on this PC I mean to game(DOOM 2016 is the main goal here since it will be the only "new" AAA game I will play), make some mods for games, use video editing software and Phototshop a bit. I am going to order the parts here: https://www.sestavi.si/index.php (It is where I live).

Now here is where things get tricky...

Here are the parts I choose:

Ryzen 5 2600x

Gigabyte Aorus x470 ULTRA GAMING

Cruical Ballistix Tactical 8gbx1 (Will upgrade in the future)

Asus Cerberus GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

Samsung Evo 860 250gb

Seagate Barracuda 500gb x2 (Already own them)

Corsair CX550M

Phanteks Eclipse P300

x3 Cooler Master MF121L RGB

Now I everything together came to abot 866.61 Euros.
Now I was thinking about not including a GPU and going with the one I have on me already. Behold the GTX 750 1gb. Then I was also thinking about going with the Intel core i5-7500 and choose other parts that are compatible with Intel because it comes cheaper but since I would do a lot of multitasking and stuff...ehhh?

If any of you pros know where I can get the price down it would help a bunch!

datgman7

Prominent
May 10, 2018

Ok, will try also sorry I accidentely marked you as best anwser...reflexes...

datgman7

Prominent
May 10, 2018

Okay, that actually makes sense. What if I would wait until the end of July when the cheaper B450 boards will come out.
But I really gotta say that everything is so expensive right now, especially the GPUs. I remember my bro built a balls to the wall gaming rig for the same or even lower price in 2012. Or maybe its just me... :/

datgman7

Prominent
May 10, 2018

Yes, I do - A 10 year old Athlon 64 x2 4500+ system. It served me well back in the day but now it is starting to show its age.

I also think NVidia is going release the 1100/2000 series later this summer as well. You might be able to find a really good price on a 1000 series graphics card as a result. So you'd be able to build a very powerful system for a reasonable price. For example, the first gen ryzen 1700 is down to only $200. That is insane value for the money paired with a b350 motherboard. I know because I have one and it plays doom smooth as butter. So very great savings potential in the near future.

datgman7

Prominent
May 10, 2018

Alright, sounds good but I hope this doesn't mean i have to wait another 6 months...

datgman7

Prominent
May 10, 2018

Well since you are clearly a pro:

A guy who works where I am gonna order the parts said that he can update the bios for the 300 series chipset boards for free, so I could pick a B350 board with the 2600x. Now would there be any weird things happening such as unexpected shutdowns, RAM incompatibility or something among those lines? Somewhere I read dont do it buy x470/b450 and somewhere it says buy b350/x370 so I am kinda lost here...

I will probably wait for b450 but just asking.

If there's a bios update for that motherboard that is compatible for the second gen Ryzen CPU's you shouldn't have a problem. You could look up the bios revisions for that motherboard.

datgman7

Prominent
May 10, 2018
Also just remembered something.

So, i have a "library" full of games from 2004 to 2010 I still want to play and finish. Since these games do not need a balls to the wall (IDK why I keep saying that) GPU to run these days, I thought I could use my GTX 750 and gather up some money and buy a 1050 ti or a 1060 3gb. Will anything weird happen with the system itself like Windows 10, Video editing, photoshop...etc.

Why not use your old system to catch up and play your old games. Wait for Doom Eternal to come out (Check the system requirements) and by that time the B450 boards and new Nvidia cards will be out and on the market!