[SOLVED] Need help with computer parts (gaming pc)

Buettner

Honorable
Aug 1, 2013
Hello, I am trying to get a gaming PC to run fortnite, rocket league, no mans sky, and some other games (would like pretty good fps on those), and as I do not know much about what parts are the best or good for price, I decided to ask here. Budget is around 700-750$. Also, I have a GTX 960, could that be used in any way or should I just sell it? Its kinda old.

Thank you for your help

Solution
With your budget I don't see much reason in keeping the GTX 960. Perhaps sell it for a nice gaming keyboard and mouse.

Case: Get whatever case you want. The one listed is decent enough there may be better ones for the price. It is there primarily as a price placeholder. A case should be chosen to your aesthetics. Just edit the part list. PCPartpicker should then show you compatible cases with the build. You can always post back for a double check for compatibility or quality.

RAM: I didn't look at the QVL for the motherboard. It gets enough customer reviews of Ryzen compatibility to make it a pretty safe bet to achieve full speed.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4...
With your budget I don't see much reason in keeping the GTX 960. Perhaps sell it for a nice gaming keyboard and mouse.

Case: Get whatever case you want. The one listed is decent enough there may be better ones for the price. It is there primarily as a price placeholder. A case should be chosen to your aesthetics. Just edit the part list. PCPartpicker should then show you compatible cases with the build. You can always post back for a double check for compatibility or quality.

RAM: I didn't look at the QVL for the motherboard. It gets enough customer reviews of Ryzen compatibility to make it a pretty safe bet to achieve full speed.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor ($159.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Gigabyte - B450 AORUS ELITE ATX AM4 Motherboard ($89.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Team - Vulcan 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($99.99 @ Newegg Business)
Storage: Team - L5 LITE 3D 240 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($32.89 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($58.50 @ Amazon)
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6 GB SSC DT Video Card ($219.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Cooler Master - MasterBox Lite 5 ATX Mid Tower Case ($55.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($49.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $767.32
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-11-19 12:15 EST-0500

Solution

Buettner

Honorable
Aug 1, 2013

Thank you! I have plenty of time before christmas to look over and make sure everything works. I appreciate you making this list for me :)