[SOLVED] Need Help With Computer Suddenly Shuts down

Yu_tsuu

Prominent
Jan 15, 2020
The PC shuts down when playing video games, the problem occurs regularly though not always. The problem started since the day I got the PC. The thermals are pretty normal with the GPU averaging about 60 celsius and the CPU 70 celsius. I ran multiple benchmarks stressing the GPU and CPU to their limits for hours yet the PC did not shut down, it happens only during games.
my specs are:
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: RX5700XT MSI MECH
MB: ASROCK B450M-HDV R4.0
RAM: 8*2 ADATA XPG Z1 3200MHZ
PSU: EVGA 700 W1, 80+ WHITE 700W
FULLY DETAILED SPECS: shorturl.at/bkzJO

some of the solutions I tried with no avail:
Full disassembly and reassembly for the parts to make sure nothing is loose.
New thermal paste for the cpu...did not help as well.
New cable for the psu.
Tried several operating systems (windows7, 8.1 and now 10).
PLEASE HELP ME PEOPLE
if there are any information about the PC that I forgot to mention just tell me and i will answer

Solution
Well, I was battling a similar issue on Intel system and ended up changing the motherboard. OCCT lets you load the CPU and the GPU at the same time, just like a game, which stresses the PSU. It is pretty frustrating but there is no way around it, try running it longer or start swapping components.
The PC shuts down when playing video games, the problem occurs regularly though not always. The problem started since the day I got the PC. The thermals are pretty normal with the GPU averaging about 60 celsius and the CPU 70 celsius. I ran multiple benchmarks stressing the GPU and CPU to their limits for hours yet the PC did not shut down, it happens only during games.
my specs are:
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: RX5700XT MSI MECH
MB: ASROCK B450M-HDV R4.0
RAM: 8*2 ADATA XPG Z1 3200MHZ
PSU: EVGA 700 W1, 80+ WHITE 700W
FULLY DETAILED SPECS: shorturl.at/bkzJO

some of the solutions I tried with no avail:
Full disassembly and reassembly for the parts to make sure nothing is loose.
New thermal paste for the cpu...did not help as well.
New cable for the psu.
Tried several operating systems (windows7, 8.1 and now 10).
PLEASE HELP ME PEOPLE
if there are any information about the PC that I forgot to mention just tell me and i will answer
Might be power supply issue, the power supplies has alot power but i dont like white rated psu honestly.

Reactions: Dankhola