Question Need help with Corsair cables

jaymes2015

Honorable
Nov 29, 2015
I lost all my cables on a CX750M, and I recently bought a RM650x. Does anyone have any knowledge with these cables to see if the RMx cables is compatible with the CXM? Because if this works out, I think I can avoid spending a bunch of money for the cable kit. Yeah I was looking at the cables chart on Corsair website but it only shows the pcie is compatible, then I read some other sources online saying all Corsair cables are universal, so now I’m confused.

I also took photos of the original cables that came with my RMx so maybe you guys can have a better look.

597-DF886-6-AF4-49-BC-87-CD-62-FC5455-A0-F7.png

DC087677-4-EE3-45-F4-8-AE9-7222-AC3-B1696.png

A0535213-BFA5-4956-980-A-32-F18-B21-D220.png

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Modular cable pinouts at the psu end can change from model to model and brand to brand, there is no standard, sadly.

Contact Corsair or change the psu? That Rm650x is a lot better quality despite the CX being 750w, the Rm's are excellent, higher grade than the Cx in terms of efficiency.

Reactions: davew1860

jaymes2015

Honorable
Nov 29, 2015
Modular cable pinouts at the psu end can change from model to model and brand to brand, there is no standard, sadly.

Contact Corsair or change the psu? That Rm650x is a lot better quality despite the CX being 750w, the Rm's are excellent, higher grade than the Cx in terms of efficiency.

I have looked up some individual cable, not the kit, and some were listed compatible with RMx series and CXM series. Then some kits would say only RMx. So it’s confusing after all. But I am guessing maybe the molex cable or the sata cable should be universal, or at least one of the cable should be universal.

jaymes2015

Honorable
Nov 29, 2015
Any modular cable providing power should remain original unless clarified. Only universal cables are sata data.

Why don't you swap the psu's over?

Ok. Good to know that the sata cables are universal.

The reason why I am not swapping psu because the RMx is being used in my main computer. I’m trying to build up one at the moment. But, I still have extra cables that came with RMx. So I just like to know if I can used up RMx pcie cables and molex cables onto the CXM.

crap..Corsair live chat is down. Maybe away for the holiday already. I might have to end up calling.