Need help with custom build.

CrzyRedneck

Commendable
Feb 4, 2017
Building a custom PC where the desk also doubles as the case for the PC. What products are the best as far as mimicking what would normally be the front panel on the PC case? i.e. front usbs, power on and off, fan controls etc...

Solution

CrzyRedneck

Commendable
Feb 4, 2017

That's what I figured I'd have to do, was just curious if there was some product I was unaware of that would make the process easier. Is there a specific fan controller USB hub that you would recommend?

Not particularly, I'd just google search some and find what you like

NZXT Sentry and Kingwin FPX-001 are some nice fan controllers tho. I like the Kingwin for looks but for support of many fans you're gonna want a higher quality unit. Thermaltake commander also comes to min.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
It's a desk. There are no rules. You are not limited by design or materials or space like some cases. You could put multiple 5¼ slots down a side, 1 for a multi-card reader that'll include USB2/3 ports, an analog fan controller or led, Nzxt Hue lighting controller, even a DVD burner and a hot-swap hdd bay. Usually it takes a full tower to get that many external options, so you are only limited by imagination in a desk.