Question Need help with DDR3 RAM

Ahmed badwey

Commendable
Feb 12, 2019
Hello , yesterday while i was installing new CPU cooler i had to remove my ram and i noticed it looked weird like the green part was pushed back into the heatspreader and i couldn't install it again , so i decided to remove the Heatspreader and ended up messing out those black squares i dunno there one , one is adhered to the spreader , probably nothing to do about that and them RAM is dead ,

The RAM was a x2 kit of 4 GB Crosair Vengeance DDR3 1600mhz , i still have one left for full picture , My motherboard is gigabyte p55usbl3L cpu : i5 750
obviously i now have to do something coz 4 GB of RAM is not enough , so what am i supposed to do? :

1- search for 1x other DDR3 1600mhz , probably im never gonna find crosair vengenace so it will have to be another manfucturer, to pair with the one left , is that going to work ?
2- go back to my old box of rams ... there're 2x 2 GB indentical RAMs 1333mhz , install them + that crosair one left ?? is the PC even going to start ?
3- and least favourable one for me ... just leave the crosair vengeance remaining all together and buy 2x new identical DDR3 4 GBs ?

sorry for long post , thnx in advance

Lutfij

Titan
From the way you've mentioned it, it seems like you ripped the IC off the stick of ram. You might want to parse a picture of the sticks of ram you're using, the sticker information, at least. If you're looking for suggestions on what ram to buy, look for DDR3-1600MHz 1.65v kits. I'm not an advocate of mixing and matching sticks of ram since that only leads to hair pulling or a set of grey hair.

That being said, you might want to also make sure you're on the latest BIOS version for your motherboard. Considering your motherboard supports a max of 16GB of DDR3 ram, I'd ask you to look at 4x4GB DDR3-1600MHz kit.

Reactions: CountMike

ASK THE COMMUNITY