Need help with decision on my 3rd console monitor

themiziko

Commendable
Sep 19, 2017
So, I'm currently in situation where I need to buy another monitor for my PS4 Pro and future consoles.

I have budget of around 520-550$, and I'm thinking of either buying normal monitor with 122hz , or 4k monitor 30"+ with 60hz

I didn't want to end up selling normal monitor after 1-2 years because of next-gen consoles, and wanted to utilize full graphic abilities of PS4 Pro. I simply wanted to future-proof my monitor, but buying 4k monitor with this specs seems like waste too.

Any advice ? what would you guys do in my place ?

PS4 runs max 60FPS but it is not running 60FPS on all games. Most of the games are capped @30 FPS.
(30 FPS caps is normal on consoles)
If you plan to buy a monitor/TV for a console, there is no need to go faster than 60Hz. It will be a waste of money.
A monitor can only display max so many FPS like the refresh rate.

4k for future is really a good idea but getting 4k with small size is not that good.
Get at least 32". The bigger the better.

If you are looking for a monitor to be used with a console, my tip:
1. 4k
2. as big as you can find and afford
3. 60Hz is ok. Faster refresh rate is not a must. If you want to go for TV, pay attention to the input lag.
4. Look for HDR capable Monitors/TVs, even if it is not the true HDR (there is no true HDR capable TVs yet). Get a monitor with, full array local dimming if you can afford it.
5. Get good picture quality and viewing angle, meaning: avoid TN. The TN speed is not that useful for consoles.

I am using Sony 55X850E for PS4. Me and a friend of mine are exchanging our consoles (PS4 and Switch) every now and then.
I tend to prefer my 55X850E instead of my XB270HU for the PS4.

PS4 runs max 60FPS but it is not running 60FPS on all games. Most of the games are capped @30 FPS.
(30 FPS caps is normal on consoles)
If you plan to buy a monitor/TV for a console, there is no need to go faster than 60Hz. It will be a waste of money.
A monitor can only display max so many FPS like the refresh rate.

4k for future is really a good idea but getting 4k with small size is not that good.
Get at least 32". The bigger the better.

If you are looking for a monitor to be used with a console, my tip:
1. 4k
2. as big as you can find and afford
3. 60Hz is ok. Faster refresh rate is not a must. If you want to go for TV, pay attention to the input lag.
4. Look for HDR capable Monitors/TVs, even if it is not the true HDR (there is no true HDR capable TVs yet). Get a monitor with, full array local dimming if you can afford it.
5. Get good picture quality and viewing angle, meaning: avoid TN. The TN speed is not that useful for consoles.

I am using Sony 55X850E for PS4. Me and a friend of mine are exchanging our consoles (PS4 and Switch) every now and then.
I tend to prefer my 55X850E instead of my XB270HU for the PS4.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS