Need Help With Desktop, Please!

Nov 3, 2018
Hello,

I have build an intel computer a few years ago and it has been working with out any issues. About a week ago i went to turn it on and it would turn on with most fan starting to spin for maybe two to three seconds and shuts off. After this the computer tries to turn on its own, with-out me pressing the power button, over and over again until I switch off the PSU on the back.

So I obviously thought this was a faulty PSU (I brought PSU from another build a so i been using it for while ). So I ordered a new one and installed it today. But I am still having same issue. I have taken out the battery from the Motherboard and put it back in. I removed the RAM. I disconnected the GPU (I noticed that the fans on the GPU did started moving) ... and still nothing. I have had issues with RAM and motherboards over my 15 years of putting computers together and this just doesn't feel anything like that. It seems to me that something is shorting out and wont let computer to run in to bios.

Any suggestions or thoughts are welcome. I can list off parts but i will take a little while to gather that info. I know it is a intel i5 CPU. Let me know what you think. Thank you very much !

Best,

Nik

Ralston18

Titan
Noted that your removed the CMOS battery but "put it back in". Did you try a new CMOS battery?

What about the CPU? Perhaps the thermal paste needs to be reapplied/refreshed. CPU heats up very quickly and shuts down before anything even feels hot.