Question Need Help with Disk Partitions

Sharo7

Reputable
Jun 20, 2016
So a while ago, I got help setting up my PC that I built myself and the person that helped me made a rather big partion for my operating system to go on (Windows 10). The partition is about 250GB which is a big chunk of my 1TB HDD. I want to reclaim some of that partition so that I can actually use it for storage because I just know Windows 10 is using only a fraction of that 250GB.

I'm looking at disk management and looking at the partitions that are on my drive, and I see that the 250GB is formatted in RAW. Is that normal? Is that just the format type that an operating system is installed on? Also, I know that I can just resize the partition straight from the disk management software, but is that advisable? Like is there a substantial risk to doing this? Because I really feel cheated out of a 1TB HDD considering I only have access to 680GB of it.

Colif

Win 11 Master
So PC is working? and yet the 250gb partition is RAW? Something doesn't make any sense

Can you take a screenshot of disk management and upload it to an image sharing website and show link here?

PC shouldn't be able to work if C drive is RAW

TRENDING THREADS