• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Pi Cast Episode 3 streams live on Tuesday, August 4th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Catch Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 6th at 2:00 pm ET (7:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question Need help with display cables

benjamin.he9

Prominent
Aug 24, 2018
What cable should i get. My graphics card has only display port and hdmi cable, whice my 144hz monitor has hdmi dvi and vga. Do I need a converter and if so which one would you recommend

boju

Polypheme
Ambassador
Active Displayport to DVI is needed for 120Hz+ but these can be expensive, around 100$. Can almost pay half of a new monitor.

More info here and regarding adapters.

What graphics card did you get? Any chance you can exchange it for a model with DVI?

Reactions: Glenwing

benjamin.he9

Prominent
Aug 24, 2018
Active Displayport to DVI is needed for 120Hz+ but these can be expensive, around 100$. Can almost pay half of a new monitor.

More info here and regarding adapters.

What graphics card did you get? Any chance you can exchange it for a model with DVI?
gigabyte rtx 2070 super windforce. My monitor is acer gn246hl

boju

Polypheme
Ambassador
Bummer. Hardly any RTX 2070s with DVI. Oh well, it's quite simple, either get an active adapter like the one's mentioned in the link or buy a new monitor.

See the link, it talks about your monitor specifically.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS