[SOLVED] Need help with driver_irql_not_less_or_equal

kaidemarco

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2015
For the past few days my computer has been blue screening at least once every hour, usually with a driver_irql_not_less_or_equal(sometimes nvlddmkm.sys accompanies it, and once with usbxhci.sys), but I also have gotten other stop codes however I cant remember them. If I am playing video when it happens, it shrieks something that sounds like the terminator dying until it restarts. I am at my wits end and have tried everything I can think of:

-Reinstalling all drivers

-Used software to test my ram for problems

-Unplugged all peripherals and switched out my keyboard and mouse

-Fully Reinstalled Windows, and still it keeps happening

I booted into safe mode and it didn't happen for a few hours so I assume it's not a hardware problem.

It may be because of a recent nvidia or windows update however I can't roll back now. This pc has run perfect for years. I really can't figure out why its happening:

-Z97M motherboard

-I5 4460

-GTX 950

-two ssds in raid zero+2 1tb hard drives

16gb DDR3 Ram

Any suggestions would be greatly suggested. I am doing online classes and this is making it hell.

Also could this be a problem of killer network drivers? I don't have a specific reason to blame for it but some people were telling me MSI Live Update causes problems, but I didn't reinstall that when I reset windows but it's still happening. So Idk.

Colif

Win 11 Master
nvlddmkm.sys are the nvidia gpu drivers

you can remove nvidia drivers and use older ones by running DDU in safe mode and using it to remove the current Nvidia drivers and use others - https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq...n-install-of-your-video-card-drivers.2402269/

usbxhci.sys is the USB Host controller... i would look at your USB devices as possible causes.

Without seeing dumps I can't guess if killer might be cause

Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

copy that file to documents

upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site, and share the link in your thread so we can help fix the problem