Need help with drivers

ro0415

Honorable
Aug 13, 2013
Hi, i have just built my first computer and everything seems to be working well with the hardware. I have installed windows 8 64-bit and it seems to be running great. I am using a ssd for my os and a hdd for other stuff, but when i download something it seems that it's being stored directly on the ssd. How do i make it so it's the hdd, that files and other stuff gets stored on automaticly?

And then for the drivers. I'm using a asus sabertooth z87, and i have downladed the chipset, lan and audio drivers, but when i installed them nothing speciall happend. It just said that i had to restart the computer for the changes to work. How do i know if the drivers are installed? and are there any more drivers i should install for the motherboard? should i just install all the drivers that is on the asus website for the sabertooth?
And then, the biggest problem i have is with the video card driver. The video card i use is the sapphire radeon hd 7970 with oc and boost. I use an hdmi cable and the monitor is an asus vg248qe. There is a big black frame around the screen at all the time, and the resolution is very poor. The driver i have installed is the catalyst software suit revision number 13.9. But when i installed it the only thing that happend was that catalyst controll center got installed. Neweggs how to build a computer series part three also had this frame untill they installed the video card driver, but when i installed the driver it didnt disappear, and the resolution is still very low. How can i fix this? any awnser helps. Sorry if this is a little bad explaned, but i'm not english. If there is a part you dont understand just ask and i will try to explain it. :)

Jaxem

Honorable
For the other drivers, go into the device manager, if the drivers for each of those devices is not listed as some generic microsoft driver, the one's you installed took. For changing download locations and such, create directories on your HDD where you want each thing to go (i usually make one for downloads, pictures, music, videos). Then go into your user folder and right click on downloads, go to properties, then the location tab, and you'll be able to choose the new directory you made as the location and all files that would have been placed on your SSD will be on your HDD, do this with each user folder you want to change. It doesn't work for programs that download to their own directory besides the default download, but with those you usually get to choose where to download beforehand anyway.