need help with error code 4f DXE IPL is started

vipperstrike

Honorable
Mar 19, 2012
Hello I have no idea how to fix it or what caused it. it beeps 3x pause's then 3x my led screen read out says 4f. it never restarts but it keeps doing it over and over if I press the reset switch then I might get lucky for it to boot windows. google searching it looks like a bios problem on other mother boards updating there bios seems like it helped them but I have no update as I'm on the most up to date bios

system specs
biostar hifi z87x 3d
crucial 2x 4gb (8gb total)
amd r9 280x
evga 750w supernova b2
i5 4440
500gb 3gb/s,1tb 3gb/s hdd

what I have done to try to fix it but no prevail
moved ram from slots 1010 to 0101
put 1 of each ram stick in slots 1000 and 0010
reset cmos jumper (when i pluged pc power back on it turned on by itself and started giving error waited a while but nothing manually held power button to shut down and pressed again error still popped up but did boot into windows last night but too tired to post and ask so I just shut down correct and unpluged it and went to sleep)
I turned it on again today still error but did boot to windows if anyone can help what to do I'll appreciate it

vipperstrike

Honorable
Mar 19, 2012
So I have pulled my graphics card and booted with just the hdmi port on my mb, pulled all case plugs (usb audio power reset leds case speaker) tried replacing cmos battery checked mb for cpu pins tried my old 3250 pentium cpu still the same and just reflashed bios same error but now wont boot at all. I'm done I'll just take my i5 4440 to a shop to check it isnt fried or broke in another mb to make sure then just buy a msi h81 p33 then go through microsft hell to get my windows 10 back probally wont get it though.

Edit forgot to mention i pulled all my hdd and also tried a different psu an evga 500 w 80 plus certifeied that I know works still was the same.

vipperstrike

Honorable
Mar 19, 2012
Update I finally got it to boot to bios again it reconizes my cpu but i still get the error. Seems the only way I can get it to boot out of the error is resetting my cmos jumper let it beep till it shuts it self down and restart then it will beep for ever if I press the reset switch it'll keep on beeping but if i'm lucky it will boot. I think my bios chip it self is gone it is replaceable but only internatinal seller's and looks like it's $25 does anyone think I should buy it or go original plan and just make sure it's not the cpu first and Im just getting lucky

vipperstrike

Honorable
Mar 19, 2012
update idk what the problem was but what ever it is was the motherboard I went through a cpu change a g3258 to a i5 4440 nothing heck even my oem windows 7 license (att) let me continue without a fresh install I upgraded to windows 10 nothing then when I booted it up one day it just started beeping I changed to a msi h81m-p33 everything is fixed (besides my win 10 not activated and since I lost my win 7 key nothing helps)