[SOLVED] Need Help with Fan situation

May 12, 2020
Hi guys!

In the process of building my first gaming PC and I had the thought that I do actually want RGB in it. This is my build so far. I have all the parts and am in the process of putting it together. I am looking at adding in some extra case fans. I want to move the back Fractal Design case fan to the front of the case and then install 3 RGB fans. Two on the top and one at the back. I don't really like the look of the RGB on the front mesh so thats why I'm leaving the two stock fans for there. Any help in the following would be hugely appreciated;

1) Does the mobo has enough inlets or sockets to support all 5 fans (3 RGB and two stock non RGB).

2) Do I need splitters for the fans and can I run it all from the PC instead of having a remote

3) Is this a stupid idea???

4) I was looking at CoolerMaster 120mm MF120R Addressable RGB fan with Control - 3 Pack, however like I said, id prefer to not have the control and have everything run from the mobo/computer software. Link for the fans is https://www.umart.com.au/Cooler-Mas...-RGB-Fan-with-Controller---3-Pack_50073G.html

5) I also do like the look of the Corsair QL120 and Corsair LL120 however, at AUD $150/$145 it seems a bit steep.

6) Suggestions on decent/cheap RGB fans that still look good and will fit in my case, if the above fans are not recommended

7) Links to additional parts that I will need to install?

8) Will the fans fit at the top with the Dark Rock Pro 4 installed. Seems to be little room there.

PCPartPicker Part List

Solution
1)I see what looks to be a total of 6, 4 pin headers. If that's not enough, you get splitters.
For the RGB, you have a problem. The selected fans run on the 5v ARGB, the selected motherboard has 2, 12v RGB headers. That's not compatible, and you'll fry something if you try to force it.
Select a different set of fans that also run 12v RGB.

2)Dark Rock Pro 4: 2 fans
Meshify C: 2 preinstalled fans
3 RGB fans
7 fans VS 6 headers

A remote? That depends on the model purchased. They don't all come supplied with that.

3)No.

4)Answer is in number 1.

5)They indeed are. Blind Corsair fans, I tell ya... over 40USD for a case fan. They better do more than just look pretty...

6)There aren't any. By that, I mean there aren't any that are both...

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
1)I see what looks to be a total of 6, 4 pin headers. If that's not enough, you get splitters.
For the RGB, you have a problem. The selected fans run on the 5v ARGB, the selected motherboard has 2, 12v RGB headers. That's not compatible, and you'll fry something if you try to force it.
Select a different set of fans that also run 12v RGB.

2)Dark Rock Pro 4: 2 fans
Meshify C: 2 preinstalled fans
3 RGB fans
7 fans VS 6 headers

A remote? That depends on the model purchased. They don't all come supplied with that.

3)No.

4)Answer is in number 1.

5)They indeed are. Blind Corsair fans, I tell ya... over 40USD for a case fan. They better do more than just look pretty...

6)There aren't any. By that, I mean there aren't any that are both cheap and perform decent. You can't have both without spending $$$.
In a fan that has LEDs installed, a sacrifice needs to be made. Those lights don't come free; they increase the total power draw of the original fan - cooling performance is sacrificed to keep the power draw reasonable.
Probably some of the best affordable RGB fans: Deepcool RF120M(5 in 1)/Deepcool RF 120 (3 in 1)

7)Besides the splitter thing, I don't notice anything else.

8)It should be fine:
V4Byyd6l.jpg

Solution

TRENDING THREADS