[SOLVED] Need help with finding a pc for skyrim special edition

May 20, 2020
I'm in the market for my very first pc to run skyrim special edition.
I've always wanted to play it on pc but was unable to, but now I have the chance and need help on finding a prebuilt that can run it heavily modded (200+ just an example).

I have found two so far that are in my budget range but am unsure if they fit the bill

https://www.ibuypower.com/Store/AMD-Special-B

And

Https://www.letsbld.com/starter-pc
Please help me I'm so vanilla to this :(

Solution
The thing about mods is that most mod developers don't account for your hardware, so they don't optimise anything, you could run skyrim so heavily modded that everything is in 4k, with tonnes of highly detailed objects and AI on screen, in short it will use whatever you have to throw at it

You want alot of cpu, mostly, a ryzen 9 3900x, if you are spending $1k pretty sure you can build one hell of a beast with one of those, 2700x on a budget, a nicer b450 motherboard, tomahawk max comes recommended, 32gb of ram as it can eat through that pretty easily too, graphics card is generally a little easier, something like a 2nd hand rx 580 8gb would put you in a nice spot for future upgrades

Mickieg1994

Reputable
Jul 15, 2019
The thing about mods is that most mod developers don't account for your hardware, so they don't optimise anything, you could run skyrim so heavily modded that everything is in 4k, with tonnes of highly detailed objects and AI on screen, in short it will use whatever you have to throw at it

You want alot of cpu, mostly, a ryzen 9 3900x, if you are spending $1k pretty sure you can build one hell of a beast with one of those, 2700x on a budget, a nicer b450 motherboard, tomahawk max comes recommended, 32gb of ram as it can eat through that pretty easily too, graphics card is generally a little easier, something like a 2nd hand rx 580 8gb would put you in a nice spot for future upgrades

Solution
I'm in the market for my very first pc to run skyrim special edition.
I've always wanted to play it on pc but was unable to, but now I have the chance and need help on finding a prebuilt that can run it heavily modded (200+ just an example).

I have found two so far that are in my budget range but am unsure if they fit the bill

https://www.ibuypower.com/Store/AMD-Special-B

And

Https://www.letsbld.com/starter-pc
Please help me I'm so vanilla to this :(
Personally would go for building you’ll get more value and can use the used market.

Also if you’re running a ton of mods why not go for the original Skyrim?