need help with finding motherboard for my ram.

Oct 31, 2018
Hi there,

Is there any chance someone will help me to find correct motherboard for my ram please ?

im looking for motherboard on socet 1151 z370
My ram Corsair Vengeance 3000mhz 2x16gb (CMK32gx4m2d3000c16)

i did check already some of motherboards:
asus rog maximux x hero, code, formula
aorus gaming 5,3
asus rog strix z370F, H

im rl cofused right now couse none of them on website shows that they support my ram :( is there any motherboard with socet 1151 z370 which will support that ram ?
I already did write ticket to corsair and asus - but no answer at all :( i hope someone here can help me.

luckymatt42

Upstanding
May 23, 2018
You may be confused because it says something like "supports up to 2133mhz memory"...those lower values you see are from the JDEC standard, more or less "baseline" speeds. 3000mhz is technically "overclocked" memory. So you may sometimes see the more conservative JDEC number, but luke above is correct, it will work on "z" motherboards (z370/z390), but may not work on lower end boards like "b" or "h" boards (b310 or whatever) that do not support memory "overclocking".

luckymatt42

Upstanding
May 23, 2018
So this makes a bit more sense...you are correct to search the QVL/"Supported Memory List" for your motherboard. That is usually the best way to make sure your specific memory works with your specific motherboard.

It MIGHT be that the memory module is brand new and has not had time to make it onto the QVL...but you are going at it a bit backwards. Usually you get the motherboard, then search for compatible memory, not the other way around.

I see you have a 2x16 kit which is fine, if you can find the model number of the exact same memory but in a 1x16 kit, see if that's on the QVL.

Other option is to find a motherboard you like (regardless of mem support list), then contact the manufacturer support and see if they can help...again it may be that your kit has been tested to be compatible, but just might not have made it onto the QVL yet.

But after all that it SHOULD work just fine. ASUS boards tend to be best with memory compatibility, but it should probably work on any of the boards you listed.

Oct 31, 2018
luckymatt42, thank you very much, i know its look bit backwards - but problem is that i didnt expect so much difficult with it and i did have rl good chance to buy 32gb of ram on price almost 16 thats why i did go for it - and now im strygling to find good motherboard ;)
answer which i did get back today from Corsair - that ram should work on all z370 motherboards even if its not listen on supported list - worst what can happend they will work bit slower then they suppose :) so all should be ok ;) we will see thanks guys !!!:)