Need help with first gaming PC, Lenovo K450e?

Turtle27

Honorable
Dec 9, 2014
I am looking to purchase a Lenovo K450e 57327391 (I'll include the specs below) that I will probably hook up to my samsung plasma. I am a total novice when it comes to gaming PCs so I just want to make sure I am not getting bad info from the store. I play call of duty, halo type of stuff mostly (and Skyrim) but I really want the ability to play pretty much anything out there (hence the PC). I know I would be better off taking the time to build one, but to be entirely honest I don't really want to take the time, and again...I don't know much.
It seems like this one would be easy for me to upgrade in the future and I have been told it's a great PC for gaming as is. I will be getting it for $900, which seems like a decent deal. Thanks for any opinions and suggestions...and sorry if this seems like a supper mundane question.

This is the same one with full specs on new egg
http://www.neweggbusiness.com/product/product.aspx?item=9b-83-266-528

tsuneo6

Admirable
Aug 22, 2014
you'll be better of building one yourself. the gt720 isnt a card you'll want for gaming. and an i7 CPU is completely overkill.

you'll want an i5 4690k(or 4460 if you're not going to overclock)
2*4GB ddr3 RAM
an r9 280 or gtx 770
decent PSU 500 watt
decent motherboard(go for a z97 motherboard if you want to overclock in the future, get an aftermarketcooler aswell then)
a 1TB hard drive will do. you can always add an ssd later.

that should be about as good as you can get with your budget.

I could make you a list on partpicker already...but I'm about to go sleep! and if you try yourself, you'll actually learn from it! and alot of people will be happy to help you out with it.