[SOLVED] Need help with first PC build for 1440p 144hz gaming and streaming

Dec 5, 2020
I got the i9 9900k for very cheap and am looking to build around that. I want to play and stream games at 144hz and 1440p. i mostly play DOTA 2, which is not a very demanding game, but I would like to be able to play and stream more demanding games at relatively high quality. Id like to be able to stream DOTA2 at very high quality. I wanted the 5700xt because I heard it was comparable in performance to the 2070 but cheaper, though if an nvidia card would work better for my build I'd be willing to spend more. The monitor does use freesync though, which was part of my reason for wanting the 5700xt.
If overclocking is unnecessary I would like to avoid it, although if it is worthwhile for what i'm trying to do, i'd be willing to learn how to do it. The parts I listed are assuming that I would eventually want to overclock it, they can be switched out if OC is unnecessary.
I've already purchased the i9 9900k and a 1440p 144hz monitor, so i'm building around that, anything else can be changed. I'm purchasing from the United States, my budget is around $2000, give or take.
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/x9x7vf

Solution
Looks fine to me.

As for overclocking, you can do it the lazy way and engage Enhanced Multi-core Performance, which will let all of the CPU cores operate at max boost clock rather than the default of 1 core at max and reducing from there. Heatsink should be plenty to handle that.

Most FreeSync monitors are compatible with Nvidia now, so that isn't much a concern.

Recently released 3060Ti is supposed to rival the RTX 2080 Super for $400 MSRP if you can find one. RTX 3070 would be faster then 5700XT for about the same, again, if you can find one. And for a little more at $580 you can try and get an RX 6800.

That or hit up the used market and snag an RTX 20 series card that someone is upgrading from.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Looks fine to me.

As for overclocking, you can do it the lazy way and engage Enhanced Multi-core Performance, which will let all of the CPU cores operate at max boost clock rather than the default of 1 core at max and reducing from there. Heatsink should be plenty to handle that.

Most FreeSync monitors are compatible with Nvidia now, so that isn't much a concern.

Recently released 3060Ti is supposed to rival the RTX 2080 Super for $400 MSRP if you can find one. RTX 3070 would be faster then 5700XT for about the same, again, if you can find one. And for a little more at $580 you can try and get an RX 6800.

That or hit up the used market and snag an RTX 20 series card that someone is upgrading from.

Solution
Dec 5, 2020
Looks fine to me.

cool, i might hold out a bit and get a better graphics card