specs:
i9 9900k
RTX 2080 ti
32 ram 2 sticks 3466 mhz
850 w psu antec high current gamer
aorus z390 pro
2x m2 ssd
2 hdd drives
34 inch ultra wide monitor lg 75 hz 2560x1080.
all the system is updated. cheked the temps all good.
that is very strange. all games have fps drops, gta v 4-8 fps drops from 75 fps sometimes.
Hitman (not the second ) sometimes 7-15 fps drops.
tomb rider i dont want to even start on that game.
i cheked online people said that latest nvidia drivers are not so good so that mabye is the problem?
spme people said its the windows 1803 build btw. Please if someone knows somthing please share.
im just worried spent alot of money on this pc.

Solution
DDU is here. Link: https://www.wagnardsoft.com/

Download the driver package for the 2080Ti, but don't install them yet. Disconnect your internet. It's to stop windows from installing a default driver.
Run DDU(requires safe mode) and let it do it's thing. Afterwards, you can install the driver package and reconnect your internet.

WaltzWorker

Reputable
Mar 18, 2015
There have been problems with Windows annual updates... Not sure if this build is one of them. The only way to get rid of that particular build is to start from scratch, but lets not go there yet. You should have a kicking system!
1 - So when you say FPS drops, what are you exactly saying? I mean that isn't explicit enough, it only remotely hints that 'to your previous system' You are now experiencing FPS drops... Along those lines is: Is this a system you or someone put together? Or is it like an Alienware? If like Alienware - please give exact make/model numbers. Monitor model number and type of connection would help. That GPU can be by many different companies... Output video specs, cable specs and monitor specs can also give you an issue... Generally you want Display Port only if its DP 1.4 = 32.4 Gb/s in both ends, sometimes you want HDMI (2 = 18.0Gb/s) , but at times you can only have one or the other. Actual cable can also hinder FPS - cheap ones that do not come with any specs are to be avoided at all costs!!! A generic nVidia RTX 2080 TI can push DisplayPort 1.4 and HDMI 2.0 - but now you'll have to look at your monitor - can it accept these specs?!? If it's THIS MONITOR then you're lucky cause it SHOULD be able to handle virtually anything... So.. If you can see the difference in just the connection itself that may or may not be your issue but I doubt it.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
2080Ti on a 1080p 75hz monitor... WHY?

What's the cooler being used to keep this 9900k cooled?

Nice setup, but there is a horrible imbalance via the monitor...
The current flagship gpu is connected to a low resolution, low refresh rate monitor... That's the complete opposite of what the 2080Ti was intended for.
That's at least $600 wasted. There are cards half the price of the 2080Ti or lower that would've gotten the same performance on that monitor.

The fps issue is likely the combination of monitor and gpu, and probably insufficient cooling for the cpu - depending on what it is.

Jul 21, 2019
Cpu coolong is fine.and boght a new one its arriving in 3 days got nuctua 9 mm 2 both sides fans bought the 140 fan cooler nuctua. The monitor is 34um69g-b using hdmi high speed cable that came with the monitor. So what should i do with the monitor? Sell it? Cuse iv got a 27 inch samsung that i can test the differnce and i build the pc
There have been problems with Windows annual updates... Not sure if this build is one of them. The only way to get rid of that particular build is to start from scratch, but lets not go there yet. You should have a kicking system!
1 - So when you say FPS drops, what are you exactly saying? I mean that isn't explicit enough, it only remotely hints that 'to your previous system' You are now experiencing FPS drops... Along those lines is: Is this a system you or someone put together? Or is it like an Alienware? If like Alienware - please give exact make/model numbers. Monitor model number and type of connection would help. That GPU can be by many different companies... Output video specs, cable specs and monitor specs can also give you an issue... Generally you want Display Port only if its DP 1.4 = 32.4 Gb/s in both ends, sometimes you want HDMI (2 = 18.0Gb/s) , but at times you can only have one or the other. Actual cable can also hinder FPS - cheap ones that do not come with any specs are to be avoided at all costs!!! A generic nVidia RTX 2080 TI can push DisplayPort 1.4 and HDMI 2.0 - but now you'll have to look at your monitor - can it accept these specs?!? If it's THIS MONITOR then you're lucky cause it SHOULD be able to handle virtually anything... So.. If you can see the difference in just the connection itself that may or may not be your issue but I doubt it.

Cpu coolong is fine.and boght a new one its arriving in 3 days got nuctua 9 mm 2 both sides fans bought the 140 fan cooler nuctua. The monitor is 34um69g-b using hdmi high speed cable that came with the monitor. So what should i do with the monitor? Sell it? Cuse iv got a 27 inch samsung that i can test the differnce and i build the pc

Jul 21, 2019

The current flagship gpu is connected to a low resolution, low refresh rate monitor... That's the complete opposite of what the 2080Ti was intended for.
That's at least $600 wasted. There are cards half the price of the 2080Ti or lower that would've gotten the same performance on that monitor.

The fps issue is likely the combination of monitor and gpu, and probably insufficient cooling for the cpu - depending on what it is.
Same what i said above its fir your question too

Jul 21, 2019

Oh and a PNY rtx 2080 ti

Jul 21, 2019

I boght that monitor becuse i didnt want the rtx to stress becuse the resolution is full hd plus

WaltzWorker

Reputable
Mar 18, 2015
1 - So when you say FPS drops, what are you exactly saying? I mean that isn't explicit enough, it only remotely hints that 'to your previous system'
???
I play 7 days to die - just moving from one area to another can cause 'extreme fps' drops!!! If I go from the 'wood lands'/'hills' etc to a town, my FPS there goes from 120 or so down to mid 70's... I hope that's not what you mean.

Jul 21, 2019
???
I play 7 days to die - just moving from one area to another can cause 'extreme fps' drops!!! If I go from the 'wood lands'/'hills' etc to a town, my FPS there goes from 120 or so down to mid 70's... I hope that's not what you mean.
Hitman fps drops sometimes rhe mansion mission on start.sometimes looking at the city and got fps drops 3 -8

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Well, it's not a good idea to roll back to a previous driver, as it would lack the security patches available on 431.60 and up.

You have 2x M.2. Is it on the Intel 660p? Have you installed the drivers for it yet? Link: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/149409/Intel-SSD-660p-Series

Any other programs you like to run while gaming?

The fps drops, does it constantly bounce around all the time, or does it continue to drop to the point of unplayable?

Do you have Msi Afterburner? What happens to cpu, gpu, and ram usage while said drops happen?

Jul 21, 2019
Well, it's not a good idea to roll back to a previous driver, as it would lack the security patches available on 431.60 and up.

You have 2x M.2. Is it on the Intel 660p? Have you installed the drivers for it yet? Link: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/149409/Intel-SSD-660p-Series

The fps drops, does it constantly bounce around all the time, or does it continue to drop to the point of unplayable?

Do you have Msi Afterburner? What happens to cpu, gpu, and ram usage while said drops happen?
No program running. Sometimes drops for a few seconds. i saw the gpu spike from 0 to 100 then 0 again but not related to fps.and i changed some options in gta and changed cable on screen and i dint see fps drops in this game options alittle lower.and in a game like killing floor 2 isaw the gpu uses 100 % only that paticular game

Jul 21, 2019

And i didnt install drivers to ssd.mabye its the problem? From the point where i installed liquid cooler and changed cable to screen and set options alittle lower.(on gta) did not see spikes .and tried war thunder not asingle drop.i think its mabye those games badly optimized .and i watch all the time the task manager every thing seems fine.