Question Need help with freezing system

Dec 11, 2020
Hello i need help with my PC. I seems to think it may be RAM related but am unsure. My computer freezes every now and then just randomly, or on games. Its not too often maybe 5 times a week and im on it a lot. Troubleshooting i have already done i will list below but i still haven't found the fix too it as its still happening; any help will be appreciated.

• Memory diagnostic run - PASSED
  • Peripherals drivers check - PASSED
  • Memory files checked - PASSED
  • Tried updating BIOS as 2 updates missed but it just freezes when loading the update through USB
  • Checked hardware visually in the case all seems fine
Im just at a loss on what to check now and what it could also be if anyone could help it would be really appreciated!

MSI 970 MOBO
AMD FX-8350 8 core
GTX 1070
16GB DDR3
WINDOWS 10
PSU CX500W CORSAIR 3-4 YEARS OLD CONDITION: Not an expert so i wouldnt know how to monitor it although this could be the cause of the freezes but i dont know how to determine that.

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2020
Update your post to include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition.

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes, warnings, or even informational events that correspond with the computer freeze ups.

Post accordingly.
Hello in regards to the information i can see that on one occasion the system shut down by myself as it had frozen hard at 20:42.
I have checked event viewer and the last even before this was a devicestupmanager error which was at 20:25 so doesnt correspond and then at 20:25 a Kernelpower critical error as its rebooting back up because i had previously hard reset the PC. This is the case for almost all of the freezes nothing doesn't seems to correspond but im not an expert in looking at these things so i could miss something. I have reason to believe it may be a PSU issue but not 100%

TRENDING THREADS