Question Need help with GIGABYTE GTX 1660s OC 3 FANS - Having multiple problems with it

wukashin

Prominent
Aug 23, 2020
Hello everyone, this community never fails to amaze me, I am here again, asking for your assistance. I have some problems with the rig I built this august, and one of them is the gpu it seems.

I bought an MSI Ventus RTX 2060, it had coil whine, so i RMAed it and got myself an Gigabyte GTX 1660s 3 fans, and it had coil whine again so i said alright, I don't have time for switching another gpu due to school work and such, so i bought an amazing PSU, and that didn't solve the problem, but I have a bigger problem than coil whine, temps and fans.

So I have a big problem with the fans and the software of this card. Aorus engine is just utterly bad. Besides that, the fans are constantly revving when I play a game, make some whining noises as well, and I cant set a custom curve with the aorus engine, not even with msi afterburner, it just doesn't react to it. Also, the temps started to be 60 on idle for some reason, about 5 days ago, they just ramp up from 40 to 60 even if doing absolutely nothing. And I am really tired of this. I am constantly encountering problems with a "new" build.. Huh, I guess, 3rd time is a charm.

I can maybe RMA the card so that's an option, but there is a big shortage on gpu's in my country so i would probably be able to get an EVGA or an ZOTAC model of this same card.

If any of you guys could help me in some way I would be grateful, even a single tip is helpful, thanks.

Reactions: neoking123456

neoking123456

Prominent
Nov 26, 2019
What PSU do you have?? model , ....Etc
are you sure the coil whine from GPU not mobo or PSU???

GPU if its a new one , did u try to start the windows using ' msconfig '
hide all Microsoft services and apply then reboot and see if there is any 3rd party using the GPU in idle ( like mining programs ) !!

wukashin

Prominent
Aug 23, 2020
What PSU do you have?? model , ....Etc
are you sure the coil whine from GPU not mobo or PSU???

GPU if its a new one , did u try to start the windows using ' msconfig '
hide all Microsoft services and apply then reboot and see if there is any 3rd party using the GPU in idle ( like mining programs ) !!
First a had an Antec NE650M Bronze, and now i have a be quiet! Straight power 11 750w gold.
I am pretty sure that the coil whine is coming from the gpu, because when i use a rolled paper and place it somwhere at the end of the gpu (on the backside) i can hear the whine from that last open part on the gpu.
I got the gpu this August