Question Need help with Google Drive

emitfudd

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2017
I'm not sure if I am posting this in the right category. I sent some video files to my Google Drive and it won't let me download them to my PC. I can't find anything helpful as to why. I have a Gmail account and I am logged in. I can see the video files in Drive. When I try to download them there is a message in the bottom left of the screen that says scanning for viruses. There are no viruses because these came from my phone. From there nothing happens. What do I need to do? These are in MP4 format. My PC is running Windows 10.

emitfudd

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2017
how big is the file?
did you check in the download location? could be downloaded and waiting on finishing virus scan
The file I am currently trying to download is 65.02 MB. It doesn't tell me where the location of the file is so I don't think it is actually downloading. I have also used search programs and files with the file name to see if it can locate it on my PC and it comes up with nothing.

emitfudd

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2017
So now there is a new problem. I have the videos on my PC but I am still having issues sending the videos to a friend. Gmail requires the files to be sent as a Drive link due to the size of the videos. I attached the videos to an email and let it send them to Drive and create a link for each video. Now I go to my sent folder and all the videos say they can't be virus scanned. They won't play and I don't think the recipient will be able to watch them. Drive can't really be this difficult can it? Short of putting these on a USB stick and mailing them to the recipient what other options do I have?