Question Need help with GPU fan speed not being detected

Sep 30, 2023
Hello everyone, this is my first post. I have newly installed a Gigabyte GTX 1050 Ti 4GB OC (GV-N105TWF2OC-4GD) in Dell Vostro 470 running Win 10 Pro. The problem is the GPU fan seems to run at max speed and sounds excessively loud. I do not game and don't run graphic-intensive programs, so the temp usually remains in the idle range. And yet the fan starts to run at max shortly after the system is booted even when the GPU temp is below 40 C. I've tried various apps, including Gigabyte's Aorus Engine, Xtreme Gaming Engine, MSI's Afterburner, and FanControl. Despite making all the adjustments to minimize the fan speed, it has no effect at all. In FanControl, when I try to sync the app with the GPU fan it gives me a sync failure message. Windows detects the GPU, as confirmed in Device Manager and I can see the temp reading from the Task Manager. So, the GPU card itself is detected but the fan speed is not. All the apps indicate the fan speed to be 0, while the CPU and system fans (which are running normally) register their respective speeds. The fan noise is too excessive and disturbing. Please can anyone inform me if they've experienced something like this and if there's a fix? I've checked other posts but most of them refer to the GPU not being detected by Windows. Thank you.

Sep 30, 2023
Yes that's the software I'm using. But without any effect.

Can the sensors be fixed? Is it a hardware or software issue?
The fan is quiet at system startup and doesn't start up until 10-15 min later but the temp is still below 40 C. Still think it could be the sensors?
Also, is there a way to disable the fans? Since I'm not doing anything graphic intensive, I don't think the GPU temp would rise above 70 or 80. At what temp do you think I'd need the fans to kick in to cool the card?

Thank you.

Colif

Win 11 Master
60c is the normal temp for fans to start. Most run in fan stop mode until around there. Mine would but I over ride it in Afterburner
phiaLfN.jpg

time gap before it starts could mean its software

Try a clean boot and see if it changes anything - make sure to read instructions and make sure NOT to disable any microsoft services or windows won't load right - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

It doesn’t delete anything, it just stops non Microsoft programs running with start. Easy to reverse.

if clean boot fixes it, it shows its likely a startup program. You should, over a number of startups. restart the programs you stopped to isolate the one that is to blame.

if it still happens, it could be drivers but I wouldn't expect the nvidia drivers would do it.

Sep 30, 2023
Thank you for your reply. I'll try your suggestions when I have more free time. Thank goodness for the noise-canceling headsets in the meantime. I'll post back with the results. Thanks again.