[SOLVED] Need help with gpu

MIDROU

Reputable
May 9, 2020
I have this thing with my pc that is annoying me well let me explain first of all its underperforming so much its ridiculous second its seams my graphics card renders games in a wrong way or something ,everything is not looking right and if I look too long it makes me dizzy sometimes even with videos on internet I have reinstalled OS / driver done it all please anyone who knows any thing about this help i am stuck not able to game and thanks .
My specs : https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/42375167

Solution
Well ssd performance took a major leap up, which is good, ram will stay the same until you add another 8Gb, nothing can really be done there, the gpu is right at the most user spot, so really it's totally normal and any higher will mean overclocking. So the pc is generally good as it's going to get hardware-wise.

I did find this.

In the nvidia control panel, look for pre-rendered 3d frames, set that to 1. In windows, make sure Xbox DVR and game helper is disabled completely.

Can also go into the mouse properties and check the polling rate. If it's set high, like 1000, drop that down to...

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Specifics please.
Underperforming so much: according to whom? Your 2666MHz ram is at 2400MHz because either the xmp is not enabled or you are chipset limited on that motherboard, so naturally it's going to come across as slow compared to other ppl using 2666MHz ram at 2666MHz. So also chose to go with a 1x8Gb stick, so are losing out on any possibility of performance gains for dual channel. Also 8Gb is pretty much minimum for Windows 10, which can use @ 2Gb itself, so any games running at 5.5Gb+ can be pagefiled to the ssd/hdd which hugely slows down fps.

Looks bad. Well that's usually an indication of not having the correct settings for resolution or trying to force the wrong frequency out of the monitor.

As to the storage, I'm guessing that when you installed/reinstalled windows, you did Not first unplug the data cables to the hdds. Windows likes to library everything under 1 assumed umbrella, so if there's multiple drives, it'll assume that All drives are no different than partitions on a single C drive. Meaning both your hdds are treated the same as the ssd, it'll constantly search, update, index, the hdds every time. They aren't treated as storage, but part of the OS drive. This can and will put gaming performance in the toilet.

I'd suggest you unplug the data, and do a clean install on just the ssd hooked up. Keep the hdds as a seperate drive, not included with the OS.

Reactions: MIDROU

MIDROU

Reputable
May 9, 2020
Specifics please.
Underperforming so much: according to whom? Your 2666MHz ram is at 2400MHz because either the xmp is not enabled or you are chipset limited on that motherboard, so naturally it's going to come across as slow compared to other ppl using 2666MHz ram at 2666MHz. So also chose to go with a 1x8Gb stick, so are losing out on any possibility of performance gains for dual channel. Also 8Gb is pretty much minimum for Windows 10, which can use @ 2Gb itself, so any games running at 5.5Gb+ can be pagefiled to the ssd/hdd which hugely slows down fps.

Looks bad. Well that's usually an indication of not having the correct settings for resolution or trying to force the wrong frequency out of the monitor.

As to the storage, I'm guessing that when you installed/reinstalled windows, you did Not first unplug the data cables to the hdds. Windows likes to library everything under 1 assumed umbrella, so if there's multiple drives, it'll assume that All drives are no different than partitions on a single C drive. Meaning both your hdds are treated the same as the ssd, it'll constantly search, update, index, the hdds every time. They aren't treated as storage, but part of the OS drive. This can and will put gaming performance in the toilet.

I'd suggest you unplug the data, and do a clean install on just the ssd hooked up. Keep the hdds as a seperate drive, not included with the OS.
i will try this and come back to you thanks .

MIDROU

Reputable
May 9, 2020
Specifics please.

and yeah will a reset work or do i have to get a bootable usb
and for the ram the xmp option is not working with it and when i set it to 2666 the system goes into a boot loop and then displays an error so I have to reset it back to 2400

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Max memory controller speeds for the 9100 is 2400MHz, so that's a chipset limitation, which is why xmp is grayed out.

Reset won't work. That just replaces files back to factory original, doesn't change their affiliations nor does it change the registry if the registry is valid. Only a clean install from USB will fix those as it formats the drive first to erase any possible malware or virus or malicious software that might interfere with the install.

MIDROU

Reputable
May 9, 2020
Max memory controller speeds for the 9100 is 2400MHz, so that's a chipset limitation, which is why xmp is grayed out.

Reset won't work. That just replaces files back to factory original, doesn't change their affiliations nor does it change the registry if the registry is valid. Only a clean install from USB will fix those as it formats the drive first to erase any possible malware or virus or malicious software that might interfere with the install.
Okay i am preparing the usb now and will update you when i reinstall windows and thanks you very much i have been suffering from this for a long time :)

MIDROU

Reputable
May 9, 2020

Ahh update I've reinstalled windows and removed the hdd like you said and i have also installed all windows updates and gpu and motherboard drivers and from what i am seeing its the same here look at the video its really not smooth like a said and makes me dizzy and the game really looks bad its a weird bad but its not like just say how it looks for people on YouTube and this problem is also on all games and sometimes videos or moves look like they are not smooth for some reason

the game in the video is Shadow Warrior 2 btw:
could it be a possibility that I have ha bad gpu?
or maybe a bad monitor idk do you have any suggestions on this?
also here are the new benchmark results : https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/42387923

Last edited:

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Well ssd performance took a major leap up, which is good, ram will stay the same until you add another 8Gb, nothing can really be done there, the gpu is right at the most user spot, so really it's totally normal and any higher will mean overclocking. So the pc is generally good as it's going to get hardware-wise.

I did find this.

In the nvidia control panel, look for pre-rendered 3d frames, set that to 1. In windows, make sure Xbox DVR and game helper is disabled completely.

Can also go into the mouse properties and check the polling rate. If it's set high, like 1000, drop that down to 125-250. Some games get laggy because of that, dropping fps like a bandit.

See if the hardware acceleration is enabled or disabled for that, check the in game global settings for 'motion blur' is disabled

Last edited:
Solution

MIDROU

Reputable
May 9, 2020
well doing all that helped but still did not get rid of the smoothness issue as all games still look somewhat choppy or weird

but it improved and thanks for that :)

i will mark it as best solution for now but please if you have a suggestion about the smoothness issue please don't hesitate.