Need help with hdd

ziga383

Reputable
Aug 25, 2017
I tried installing w10 to on my toshiba hdd. When windows asks where i want to install it, i am given 3 options. Drive 0 Partition 1: EFI (type system)
Drive 0 Partition 2 (type primary)
Drive 0 Unallocated Space

I get a notice saying Windows can't be me install on drive 0 Partition 2 because it is too small (total size 3725.7 GB - Free space 0)

I tried to format it but the option is unavailable. I put it in my icy box and tried to format it with my other computer. It won't let me. So i thought it could be read only. I checked, it is not.

The same thing happens with other hdds. I am baffled and haven't got the slightest clue as to what's going on.

Solution
You should be able to select the "delete" option, opposed to the "format" option.

You also have to work backwards. You'd "delete" partition #2 before #1, until all that's left is #0 with 100% of the drive space available.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
You should be able to select the "delete" option, opposed to the "format" option.

You also have to work backwards. You'd "delete" partition #2 before #1, until all that's left is #0 with 100% of the drive space available.

Solution

ziga383

Reputable
Aug 25, 2017