Need help with Headphone choices

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 12, 2018
I'm trying to decide what to get for my next set of gaming / general purpose headset. I have been using Sennheiser 350SE. Here's the rundown.

Pros: I love the comfort of these things. They are one of the only headsets I've ever tried where I can wear them all day long and never experience any discomfort whatsoever. The sound is fine...I'm not exactly a connoisseur so I'm not sure I'd appreciate much difference between sound anyways. These have been good for the music I enjoy, and good for gaming.

Cons: What really drives me nuts on these are the leatherette material on the ear pads and headband. I'm bald so after just 5-6 months it started to come off and stick to my head. While I could replace the ear pads...the headband just looks like trash now.

I've been looking at Game One's, Game Zero's, and GSP600's.

I like that the game one's have the material I want covering the pads and headband, but I'm not crazy about the idea of an open design. Game Zero's have the closed design (and I'm sure they'd be comfortable since they are basically the same in form as my current set), but I'm worried this leatherette material (even though described as "heavier") would still wear off.

GSP's have what appear to be good earpads, but I'm wondering how comfortable they are. I've heard very mixed reports about the combination of weight and padding being insufficient, but they look promising from the material / build quality standpoint. Also curious if the ear pads on these are replaceable?

What I *wish* existed was something that was a Game Zero with different materials...but those don't seem to exist (I even checked to see if replacement Game One pads would fit on a Zero, but they wouldn't, and it also wouldn't solve the headband issue).

Any advice? Should I just try GSP's and go from there? That's what I'm leaning toward, but still curious if anyone can describe the material on the headband and ear pads to let me know how durable that would be (and if you can replace the pads).

Thank you for your help.

May 12, 2018
If it makes any difference my pc also has the soundblaster ZX card. I'm also open to other brands besides sennheiser, although I do want to stick to a headset and avoid having to go headphones and desk mic.

May 12, 2018
I've just discovered the Steelseries line, and think that may be a good fit for what I'm looking for. So I have some more questions.

What is a DAC and would it work with the SoundBlaster ZX card, or conflict with it?

How does the Arctis Pro stand up compared to the Sennheiser models I mentioned?

Status
Not open for further replies.