[SOLVED] Need help with how to upgrade gaming pc/ improve pefrormance

So I am looking to upgrade my gaming pc and am looking for recommendations to increase fps and reduce stuttering.
Here is the link to my specs: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/29328753#GRAPHICS_CARD

I would like to be able to run most games at max settings at a smooth 60fps and am wondering how I can improve my current build and which parts would be best to upgrade.
Thanks.
Since you have i7-8700k,which can handle any gpu out there,i would go for 2080ti.Get a bigger ssd so you can store more games on it,also upggrade ram to 32gb,but thats not gonna change the fps too much,im just saying it would be nice to have 32gb paired with 8770k/2080ti.You dont have to go with 2080ti,a 2060 would suit you fine,but im just saying what would be a major upgrade from a 1060 while still being one of the top gpus in the next 2-3 years.

yep
my bad
i was talking to another person who mentioned 8700k and it got stuck in my had.
Well i honestly do not know what would be a major improvement to your pc.i5-8400 bottlenecks everything beyond 1060 so if i were you i would change i5-8400 to i7-8700k and get a 1080ti/2060/2080ti (depending on your budget).That would drastically improve your performance,but with that comes the price of 1000$ or more depending on where u live,that is if you are buying new,if your are buying used you can get it for like 600$-800$ dollars

Jun 12, 2020
hell yeah i just thought u didnt want to change the mobo since your mobo is compatible with 8700k.If u really wanted a imrpovement in performance on the AMD side,check this build out: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/DjerizCigan/saved/#view=rgpLP6
Would the i7 still be as good as the amd cpu you linked? It would probably be cheaper for me to get the i7 so I'm just wondering. Cause with my current build modded minecraft only runs at like 50 fps, no shaders or anything lol

Would the i7 still be as good as the amd cpu you linked? It would probably be cheaper for me to get the i7 so I'm just wondering. Cause with my current build modded minecraft only runs at like 50 fps, no shaders or anything lol
They are pretty similar in GAMING performance thats why i put 3700x in the AMD build.Ryzen 7 3700x would eat 8700k in like video editing or something like that,bassically everything thats heavy on the cpu besides gaimng the 3700x would crush 8700k.
8700k still has a little bit of advantage in gaming over 3700x so if i were you i would go for the 8700k,and not switch the mobo+cpu+faster ram for the amd platform.If you wish to overclock 8700k you would get much more performance out of it,but if you overclocked 3700x it wouldnt be such a noticable change in fps,as if it is with 8700k.
Bassically look at this site and see what i mean:https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i7-8700K-vs-AMD-Ryzen-7-3700X/3937vs4043

WildCard999

Titan
Enable XMP in the motherboard BIOS as this will run your memory at the correct speed, voltage & timings. If it doesn't boot then make sure the memory is in the correct slots which is usually the A2/B2 slots on a ASUS boards.

Disable vsync/Freesync/Gsync before testing. Doing so will improve your GPU score.

If your playing on a 1080P monitor you shouldn't have any issues playing recent games on higher settings.

With pricing higher then normal and poor availability on parts currently I'd try to hold off for now.

Jun 12, 2020
Enable XMP in the motherboard BIOS as this will run your memory at the correct speed, voltage & timings. If it doesn't boot then make sure the memory is in the correct slots which is usually the A2/B2 slots on a ASUS boards.

Disable vsync/Freesync/Gsync before testing. Doing so will improve your GPU score.

If your playing on a 1080P monitor you shouldn't have any issues playing recent games on higher settings.

With pricing higher then normal and poor availability on parts currently I'd try to hold off for now.
I only have a 60hz monitor so I get screen tearing with vsync off when it does go over 60fps and I don't know where to find xmp in the BIOS

Jun 12, 2020
They are pretty similar in GAMING performance thats why i put 3700x in the AMD build.Ryzen 7 3700x would eat 8700k in like video editing or something like that,bassically everything thats heavy on the cpu besides gaimng the 3700x would crush 8700k.
8700k still has a little bit of advantage in gaming over 3700x so if i were you i would go for the 8700k,and not switch the mobo+cpu+faster ram for the amd platform.If you wish to overclock 8700k you would get much more performance out of it,but if you overclocked 3700x it wouldnt be such a noticable change in fps,as if it is with 8700k.
Bassically look at this site and see what i mean:https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i7-8700K-vs-AMD-Ryzen-7-3700X/3937vs4043
So I should go with the i7 and then upgrade gpu later?

WildCard999

Titan
I only have a 60hz monitor so I get screen tearing with vsync off when it does go over 60fps and I don't know where to find xmp in the BIOS
The disabling vsync tip was just to improve the score in Userbenchmark but it really doesn't matter, keep it on to help with screen tearing.

XMP should be under the Performance tab in the BIOS but it may actually be called DOCP as that's what ASUS calls XMP.

What games is the system struggling with?

WildCard999

Titan
I play the tekxit pack on minecraft and even though I have optifine installed, which boost performance I still only get like 55 fps with consistent drops to 30fps. I also play The Outer worlds which I get 45 fps at medium settings.
Try the XMP/DOCP first then try those games again. While it may not make a huge difference it could improve it enough to be able to hold off for a bit.