[SOLVED] Need help with HP LaserJet printer, printing on both side when not suppose to.

Lamar249

Honorable
Oct 24, 2014
I have a HP LaserJet 400, no matter how I change the settings it does not give the correct output. Inside printer preferences and properties I set duplex to "Not Installed" and also have the drop down box that says "Print on both side" set to NO. Even if I go into word, access, excel and print anything greater then one sheet it still will print on both side even if I select print on one side within the application. I have uninstalled/reinstalled drivers multiple times, also updated the firmware on the printer itself but none of this work. I don't know of any other option so that is why I am here. I need a printer wiz that will have more knowledge then I do, could it be something in the registry? This printer is also plugged in via USB, I did print off a configuration page and it still says duplex = ON. I see no other setting in preferences or properties to turn this off. Also when using the arrow keys on the printer itself the only settings I can go to are Hp network setup.