Question need help with hyper x cloud 2

Butters5000

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2015
Hello, for the last few months i have been using the hyper x cloud 2 headset and i can not get the mic to work properly, it is always low with the 7.1 usb audio or with it plugged into 3.5mm jack, i have been messing with it for months now and i am about to give up, I have tried to use equalizer apo with peace to get the mice volume to get better but still the same, anyone know a real fix or recommend a good headset with good mic for around a $100, i don't play enough games to invest more, any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Nothing specifically wrong with the mic in that headset model. Did you test it on another computer or on a phone/tablet? Are you sure you have the mic and the cables connected properly? A lot of people with issues turn out to just not to have had it plugged in all the way. If you tested all you can think of, did you contact HyperX support? Or were you just dealing with it for months without any help?

Butters5000

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2015
hello, thank your for the response, i have been just dealing with it, i have not contacted them for support, i been switching back and fourth between usb and 3.5 jack, and they are pushed in properly, don't have a tablet or phone with a connection type needed. could it end up being the sound card on the motherboard? the speakers i use sound fine though.

Update- i think it might have fixed after i updated the firmware a few times, gotta wait and see if it actually works though.

Last edited:

Butters5000

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2015
after trying it for a while it looks like the firmware did not solve the low mic on discord, i did try the headset on a tablet and seemed to work with that, but now i am getting annoyed with the headset, can anyone recommend one that will work better with discord?