Question Need help with increasing the battery life of Lenovo Legion 5

Aug 20, 2019
Hello,

Yesterday, I have bought a new Lenovo Legion 5 laptop.

The specs are : Ryzen 7 4800h with a GTX 1650.

I would like to know if there are any ways of increasing the battery life or how I can decrease the refresh rate of the screen
as it is 144hz and I tried to lower it down in windows display settings so I can get better battery life when not needing 144hz
but I couldn't get it any lower than 144hz.

Does anyone know how I can get better battery life while not gaming? Or how I can decrease the refresh rate?

I also believe that the full name of the laptop is : Lenovo Legion 5 15ARH05.

Thank you!

Snoobaa

Reputable
Feb 13, 2020
If your battery isn't lasting as long as it should, it is just old. There isn't much that you can do to really increase it all that much, other than to turn battery saver on, decrease brightness etc etc. Maybe under clocking might do something? although I'm not to certain about that area. It might be worth getting a battery replacement.

Reactions: TheViruss
Aug 20, 2019
If your battery isn't lasting as long as it should, it is just old. There isn't much that you can do to really increase it all that much, other than to turn battery saver on, decrease brightness etc etc. Maybe under clocking might do something? although I'm not to certain about that area. It might be worth getting a battery replacement.
Some people told me not to trust the Windows battery indicator, as it sometimes gives the time wrong.
I honestly don't think the battery is that old since I believe that the laptop was manufactured around last month since I can see the date written on the AC adapter.
Also, thank you for your help!

Snoobaa

Reputable
Feb 13, 2020
Some people told me not to trust the Windows battery indicator, as it sometimes gives the time wrong.
I honestly don't think the battery is that old since I believe that the laptop was manufactured around last month since I can see the date written on the AC adapter.
Also, thank you for your help!
Haha when is time indicators on computers ever right. My laptop can run on 0 minutes left for a solid 30 minutes. The percentage is usually fairly accurate. It's your only way of knowing anyway. How long does the battery last anyway?

Reactions: TheViruss
Aug 20, 2019
Haha when is time indicators on computers ever right. My laptop can run on 0 minutes left for a solid 30 minutes. The percentage is usually fairly accurate. It's your only way of knowing anyway. How long does the battery last anyway?
Well, I have not fully tested the battery as this laptop is still new and I don't really have a use for it at the moment, but from the indicator it has been fluctuating between two hours and four hours depending on the usage, but for gaming it has been telling me between 40 minutes and an hour.

I might test the battery life later on.

TRENDING THREADS